Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 7 (old school version)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ed RomeroPremiere Pro 7 (old school version)
by on Sep 18, 2012 at 11:37:46 pm

I'm currently looking to improve an outdated workflow for a friend.
Currently capturing dvd content, provided by clients, into an uncompressed avi. The capture process is handled by Premiere Pro 7.
The file size is large, but that is not an issue.

I'm looking for DVD software that will do the same. I've tried software that claims to be able to make uncompressed avi files. But the problem is, the avi files brought into Premiere Pro 7 never work properly. Either Premiere pro 7 won't recognize the file, there is no video to look at, or just green lines within the video file.

Not looking to change workflow as of yet, just looking to find DVD software that can "capture", with the ability to mark in and out points, or just start and end point.

P.S.
This is running on windows XP.

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dennis RadekeRe: Premiere Pro 7 (old school version)
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 12:51:10 am

Your biggest issue is probably Windows XP. In theory, that OS is now 10 years old. You will likely have a lot of options if you move to a newer OS.

That said, I'd go look at sourceforge.net and see what's there for free that will work on 32-bit XP.

If you get to a 64-bit Win 7 environment, Premiere Pro CS6 can edit the DVD natively. It will read the .VOB and allow you to cut it up allowing you to not have to 'capture' at all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ed RomeroRe: Premiere Pro 7 (old school version)
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 4:46:29 am

Thanks for that, about CS6 and VOB files.

I imagine the DVD still needs to be in the dvd drive to edit. Or does CS6 put the files somewhere on the hard drive when the vob is imported?
Content on the dvd's still need to be accessed, sometimes weeks later. So capturing to the hard drive was a viable solutions...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dennis RadekeRe: Premiere Pro 7 (old school version)
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:30:17 am

I would generally recommend copying the .VOB over to a hard drive, but you absolutely can edit it via the DVD drive if it's in there and your drive is fast enough (generally everything is).

Dennis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]