Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Kona LHe + Premiere cs6 = a pain in my arse

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Todd VanSlyckKona LHe + Premiere cs6 = a pain in my arse
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 4:15:38 pm

I'm having multiple problems with this card as it pertains to premiere. This is my first experience with Aja by the way. I've installed the most recent drivers and the premiere plug in (while on the phone with tech support). In premiere, I was having this awful lag when I pressed play. The audio would start, followed by the video a second or so later. That happened about 75% of the time, completely randomly. As soon as I disabled the card inside premiere, no problem. Every once in a while (twice now) the video on the timeline will play extremely slow (maybe 25% speed) and audio will be fine. Same fix. Disable preview, problem gone.

Also, when I switch back and forth between premiere and anything NOT premiere, the card switches from 1080 to the annoying color bars at 525 (pal). I've tinkered around inside the Aja control panel and no matter what I do, it defaults to the color bars at 525.

The next thing may be a premiere problem, but I am unable to access the playback settings in the drop down menu of the source monitor. It's just grayed out. I can get to it inside the menu, but what a pain. And it gives me NO options. It looks like premiere completely hijacks the card.

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter GarawayRe: Kona LHe + Premiere cs6 = a pain in my arse
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:05:21 am

Hi Todd,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have a few questions and some comments. First, what build of Premiere to you have installed? And what media type are you working with?

With the most up to dates AJA driver and plug ins I wouldn't expect you to run into any delays at start and stop of playback.

As for the card switching to 525 this is a known issue and I just spoke with AJA and they said this will be resolved in the next build from them.For now, the workaround is to go into capture window, change focus to the control panel, set the correct format, then focus back on the capture window.

For your last item, with Transmit we no longer use third party players that it was playback settings is grayed out. A third party still has the option to create a player but most are opting for Tranmit. Now, you access the third party hardware from Preferences> Playback.
Hope that was helpful.

Peter Garaway
Adobe, Premiere Pro QE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd VanSlyckRe: Kona LHe + Premiere cs6 = a pain in my arse
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 4:52:44 pm

Hi Peter
I did have 6.0.1 and just updated to 6.0.2.
I'm working with a variety of media such as mov files from a 7d, panasonic p2 footage (mxf), ex1 footage which is being decoded via Calibrated XD decode and rendered graphics using animation codec. Most of the time I'm using more than 1 on the same timeline. I've tried to start on individual clips with different formats but I have the same result with all of them.
I'm confused about your instruction on the 525 workaround. Are you talking about the premiere capture window? I couldn't find what you were talking about.

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd VanSlyckRe: Kona LHe + Premiere cs6 = a pain in my arse
by on Sep 17, 2012 at 7:29:06 pm

Peter, do you have any insight as to why this huge delay? It's extremely frustrating. The other day my boss was in my office viewing a commercial and I had to try to explain to him why the multi-thousand dollar machine we just bought can't play video right.

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter