Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Serious delay/lag issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Todd VanSlyckSerious delay/lag issue
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 8:01:17 pm

I've been working with premiere pro for about a week now (at work) on a windows machine. I'm working on a commercial where the edits need to be tightly cut to the music. The problem i'm having is that about 3/4 of the time when i press play, the video lags for about a second. It just sits there while the audio plays, then when it starts playing it's out of sync with the audio.
I'm editing on a mixed timeline using raw footage from a 7d and files in the xdcam ex codec (which is decoded with a plugin). This is the first i've done really intense editing on this machine.
I'm also running premiere at home on my mac and haven't had any issues at all.
This is really frustrating, as it's severely slowing my editing down to a crawl because i'm trying to cut to tight beats.

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd VanSlyckRe: Serious delay/lag issue
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:01:33 pm

After messing around trying to isolate the problem I found out what it was. As soon as I turned off my external monitor (powered through AJA Kona LHe card) I had no problems. Not sure why it's doing that but I need to figure it out.
I never had a problem with delay like that running my mac with the Blackmagic Decklink HD extreme card.
We shall see.

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dustin RobertsRe: Serious delay/lag issue
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 3:13:18 pm

I have been plagued by this same issue on my mac for the last year.

I also use an aja io xt and sure enough when I turned it off. The issue completely went away.

Thanks and any further updates would be greatly appreciated.

Dustin.

Aja ioxt
imac 2012 3.4GHz intel cor i7
adobe premiere cs6
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
OX X 10.8.2

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS