Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

minor issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rick Neelyminor issue
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 1:38:26 pm

Hi folks,

have imported a premiere pro CS 3 project into CS5 premier pro. It prompts an upgrade version of the file naturally, asks to relink to the assets, but when the project opens, I don't see any of the linked assets in the project window. The project window says there are 12 items, but I can't view them. I don't think the display settings are 'camoflaging' anything.

Anyone have a similar problem or how to fix. I don't want to create a new project, unless I can import all sequences in. Kinda new to premiere so a little help would be great!

R

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: minor issue
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:48:41 pm

Try creating a new CS5 project and in the project bin, right click and select "Import..." and import the project file giving you trouble. This can sometimes clear up random issues as it kind of forces Premiere to read it's own saved files in a slightly different way.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rick NeelyRe: minor issue
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:50:10 pm

Thanks for the help.

ON a similar front, have a followup. I have another customer that has a premiere project that I'm trying to import into FCP. I exported the premiere project into FCP XML.

When I import into FCP, items appear, sequences and layout looks good. The problem is I can't see any of the elements in the Viewer, even with reconnecting media and rendering. Am I missing something?

Rick

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: minor issue
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 8:05:20 pm

In Final Cut Pro, check the scale of the clips in the timeline.

This seems distantly related, but when I export a Final Cut XML from Redcine-X when dealing with RED camera footage and import it into Premiere, I get the same problem: everything looks good in the timeline, but I get a blank monitor. The scale for each clip was set to 0 instead of 100%

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy