Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rex PolanisCS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:58:43 pm

I just upgraded from CS5.5 to CS6. I have never had this problem before. I keep trying to burn a Bluray using Encore CS6, however, I keep getting this maessage after the program tries to burn the Disc: "Bluray Error: "device error", Code: "3", Note "CreateStcSequence:Fail to write M2S file""

Encore will burn the 8.22gb of 8.49gb to disc and then display the above message. I keep burning coasters, Grrr!

I have even been on the adobe boards about this but they have no suitable solution. See here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4603839#4603839

has anoyone else had this problem? does anyone know of a solution? thank you

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS6 Master Suite

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:28:28 pm

Hi Rex,

Did you update Encore? I believe there is a 6.0.1 patch for bug fixes, maybe it will help

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Post removed.

Ann BensRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:23:22 pm

The solution is in the Adobe thread.
If that does not work start over by making a new project.
Instead of using DL export from Premiere and import that into Encore.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas MorseRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:37:41 pm

Burn a disk IMAGE first then if on a Mac use disk utility to burn. I get much better results (in terms of burning time) that way.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Rex PolanisRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 12:37:30 am

Hey guys, Thanks but, I've already tried all of your sugestions and I have not found one that works. I can burn DVD's all day but not bluray!?!?!? The only solution i have right now is to use Encore CS 5.5 instead. Grrrr!

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS6 Master Suite

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 1:06:52 am

As suggest above, create a BluRay Disc Image instead of burning to a BluRay Disc. Then use something like Toast or Apple's own disc burning utility to burn that image to the BluRay.

I've NEVER been able to get Encore to burn to a BluRay disc in over two years of trying. I always create a Disc Image and burn from that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

by on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:24:51 am

Wow. I wonder why this is such an issue. Everyone seems to have just accepted it and made their own way. Thank you guys for responding. If anyone does come up with "the" solution to make encore actually work as advertised please post it.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS6 Master Suite

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin MonahanRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:03:27 pm

You can file a bug report: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George DeFratesRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:55:25 pm

Hi Kevin,

I see where the Encore CS6 Code 3 error failed to write disc has been an issue for more than six months now. I have wasted a dozen expensive bluray discs trying to burn video from Encore. I finally had to purchase Nero to successfully burn an image file created from Encore CS6. After paying big bucks for the Adobe CS6 Production Premium software, I should think the Encore program should be able to work as advertised.

When can Adobe customers expect a "FIX" for this bluray burning issue? Did Adobe engineers even test Encore for any problems prior to release?

Please let the loyal Adobe customers know where Adobe is on fixing this issue.

Thanks,

George

George

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris JoslinRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:21:23 pm

I'm having the same issue.

I went ahead and created a disc image of my BD. How do I burn it in Disk Utility? Do I need to convert it first or simply just burn it? I don't want to accidentally create a data disk.

Also, I don't have Toast, so I'm just working off Apple's own Disk Utility burn tool.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:10:47 pm

[Rex Polanis] "Everyone seems to have just accepted it and made their own way."

It was easier. I tried working with the team at Adobe for a while to fix the problem, but honestly it's just easier and more reliable to make the disc image. I was wasting a lot of BluRay discs trying to burn directly.

I haven't even tried with CS6 yet, I still do the burn disc image.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve ConnorRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Aug 11, 2012 at 12:14:02 pm

I've never had a problem with burning Blu-ray discs from Encore, even in version 6

Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 25, 2012 at 1:07:07 am

Adobe keeps telling me it's my hardware. I am using brand new Liteon Bluray burners and CS 5.5 never had a problem burning anything, neither did Sony Vegas Pro. So there "hard ware" claim to me is complete boulder-dash. Anyway, my work-around of using Encore CS5.5 is no longer viable. Audio will no longer sync up in Encore 5.5 if I export my media as h.264 in PPro CS6?! THe audio will only sync up in Encore CS6 now but I still can not burn Bluray!!

So, how do you create a disc image from premiere pro to use in encore? I have never done that before.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS6 Master Suite

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cheryl FarrensRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 8:51:07 pm

We had been burning blu ray discs through Encore CS6 without issue until this week when we suddenly received the same error code mentioned here. Of course this happened on a client's job.

We called Adobe and they suggested a work-around by creating an image file, as mentioned by others here.

The final piece of the puzzle I found is once that image file is created, find the file and right click on it. This will allow you to burn multiple copies of the HD blu ray OUTSIDE of Encore. This strikes me as a daft way to work around a problem with Adobe's software but it does work.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

wei-jen ChenRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Oct 18, 2012 at 5:30:12 pm

I got the same error code: device error code 3 before and waste many BD disc.
After so many try and error, my solution is to set Transcode: Automatic with H.264 codec

I use 5d Mark III footage and it's 1920x1080 24p. So in Encore - Asset -Blu-ray Transcode: I use "Automatic: 1920x1080 24p H.264" and then error code device error code 3 never happen again!

The problem is I change the transcode setting -Quality preset by myself, however encore cs6 might not accept those settings ( I guess).

Anyway, that's just my personal experience, hope it can help.

Tom CHEN
雲朵婚禮 http://www.imemodvd.idv.tw

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jay gouldRe: CS6 Encore will not burn bluray discs
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:27:45 am

I think this user has it backwards. You would create the video streams in Premiere, then ideally use Adobe Dynamic Link to create an Encore project. It's in Encore that you'll author and then create a Blu-Ray disc. Premiere doesn't have disc creation capability. In Encore it's a simple change in a drop-down box - instead of choosing Blu-Ray Disc, choose Blu-Ray Image. Make sure you select a name and location under Destination or nothing will happen. I hope this is helpful...

Jay Gould

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]