Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Drobo with Premiere CS6 workflow?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan DietzDrobo with Premiere CS6 workflow?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:04:03 pm

I need to buy some different storage and change my workflow.

Currently I have data backed up on externals, but want to go into more of a networked workflow. Is this possible with a Drobo or something similar?

What would everyone suggest? I honestly have no preference right now as to the workflow, so just throw ideas out there.

I appreciate the help!

Ryan Dietz
@dietzmedia

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex GerulaitisRe: Drobo with Premiere CS6 workflow?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 8:50:43 pm

[Ryan Dietz] "Currently I have data backed up on externals, but want to go into more of a networked workflow."

Could you describe it a little more, what exactly do you want to do. Several editors working on the same project? Different projects? One editor but working from multiple editing systems accessing the same footage? Purely archiving solution?

[Ryan Dietz] "Is this possible with a Drobo or something similar? "

It is (NAS flavors of it), although Drobo specifically is not known for good speeds. Will work for archiving though.

Synology and several similar NAS boxes have great performance but haven't been widely adopted for editing purposes.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Integrator
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan DietzRe: Drobo with Premiere CS6 workflow?
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 4:37:20 pm

Basically, just one editor, the setup can be on my desk, although I would like it networked. I would like to be able to edit off of it, but I assume that it will be too slow for HD footage.

Essentially, it just needs to be a backup. I can use other externals with FireWire or USB 3 for my editing and just move everything to this other hard drive before and after the project concludes.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex GerulaitisRe: Drobo with Premiere CS6 workflow?
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:11:15 am

Can't beat DAS for speeds and value... Why not just add a fast box via direct-attach (eSATA, USB 3.0, MiniSAS, etc.) and then share it on your network via your editing station?

One of the faster units: ProAvio (Enhance), G-Speed, etc.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Integrator
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]