Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nathan Pellow-JarmanNo Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:44:27 am

Hi,

My story so far is as follows...

Laptop
Gigabyte P2532
i7 2.6
8gig RAM
GeForce GT 550M
Win 7 Pro 64
(not sure if any other specs are relevant...)

Install CS6
Cannot select GPU Acceleration because graphics card drivers are not up to date.

Download 301.42 Nvidia Drivers from Nvidia site.
Try to install drivers but got an error message "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"
Research problem...find a solution...Modify driver .INF file and then the driver installs.

Open Premiere and GPU Acceleration is able to select however none of my video files will play...the program and source monitors stay black and audio plays through fine.
When I go back to "Software Only" then the video plays fine.

I have updated premiere aswell.

I really am not sure what is going on here! Please could somebody help!

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tero AhlforsRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:03:47 am

You cannot select GPU acceleration because your card isn't officially supported.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nathan Pellow-JarmanRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:59:49 am

Hi Tero, Thanks for that but i have done the "mod" and I can select GPU acceleration as mentioned in the post.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 6:10:09 pm

If you have used the "hack" to try to force Premiere Pro to use your card, you are in untested and unsupported territory. We only add cards to the "supported cards" file when we have tested them and found them to work. There is a reason that we do this, and your case demonstrates that. We recommend against forcing Premiere Pro to use an unsupported card by modifying this file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nathan Pellow-JarmanRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:14:11 am

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply, so as far as I understand your message...the current card (GeForce GT 550M) I have will not work no matter what I try? I just needed clarity so that I could move on and stop trying to solve the problem.

My next option is to get a new system...
Have you tested the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1024MB?

I also have another system with a GeForce GTX 465 with 1gig DDR5...have you tested this card?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 4:23:34 pm

> so as far as I understand your message...the current card (GeForce GT 550M) I have will not work no matter what I try?

It's untested and unsupported. I have no idea whether it will ever work. If you want more certainty than that, you need to use a card that is on the list of supported cards:
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tero AhlforsRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:16:13 am

Some cards work and some cards won't. I'm not having any trouble with my GTX260, but I'm probably upgrading at some point anyway.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gus EvangelistaRe: No Video Playback with GPU Acceleration CS6
by on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:01:14 pm

If you rendered prior to switching to GPU acceleration, try deleting your preview files and media cache files.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]