Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Buying Old Versions of Creative Suite?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Andy BrennanBuying Old Versions of Creative Suite?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:04:15 pm

Hi there! I am experienced with video, but my employer has always paid for the software. Now I'd like to buy my own personal copy of Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium, but no way can I pay the price for the current version (CS6 right now).

Any advice on whether or how I can get old versions (even CS1 would be fine by me!) Any warnings? Good places to look for older versions for sale? Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Buying Old Versions of Creative Suite?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:49:00 pm

Andy -

I've had pretty good luck on *bay. I purchased the CS4 Production Premium suite well after it was released - I'm not sure whether CS5 had come out yet. I was able to buy a legal copy for a fraction of what the full msrp was. It was still a chunk of change, as I remember, but probable a third of the full retail price, and it was legal, and registered with Adobe just fine.

Bear in mind that anything you see for sale out there that's an amazingly good deal is most likely a hacked version that you'll never be able to register. I use my Creative Suites - I own two seats, one of Production Premium, and one of the Master Collection, to run my business, and there's no way I'll run a hacked/cracked version.

When you're considering making the purchase, especially on *bay, make sure you email the seller and ask whether you can register the product with Adobe, and if it will not register, that they'll refund the money. In this way, you'll get a refund from Ebay if it's not legit. Also check with Adobe to make sure you can still register an older copy - here's a good place to start:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/faq.html

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex UdellRe: Buying Old Versions of Creative Suite?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 9:34:00 pm

Not to start a long drawn out pros and cons thread here....

But perhaps you could Consider Creative cloud?

All the apps Adobe makes plus more @ $49 a month (at least here in the states).

Not a bad deal I don't think....

Alex

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Michael KalinRe: Buying Old Versions of Creative Suite?
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 2:12:49 am

Andy,

I don't know what your budget is.

I have some CS6 Production Premium licenses that I bought for my studio that I am not using. I am off of work on disability and am not sure when I will be able to work again. I have bad disks in my neck and low back, and a torn shoulder.

I upgraded them all to CS6, but have never installed 3 of them. I have 4 licenses total, 2 Windows & 2 Mac. I am using one, I am going to sell two and sit on the other one for now. They are all retail, individual, full licenses, no bundles or anything unusual..

I am only trying to recover my investment. they are registered at Adobe - the upgrades actually came through them. You can log in and see teh registration, the serial numbers for 5.5 and 6, and the order from teh Adobe store.

I will legally transfer them to you through Adobe and guarantee that the license works. Pay, say, 50% as a deposit by PayPal, then the balance when the transfer is complete. PayPal will give you protection if there are any issues (I can assure you there won't be.)

I need to get $1,000 back for one Mac licesnse, a bit more for the other two, plus any fees (PayPal, etc.) My eBay ID is mmurph, I have 124 positive, no negative, been registered there since 1998.

Post, PM, or email me here and we can talk. I apologize if this is not allowed here. We are going up north next week for the 4th of July, I will post them for sale here and at eBay after we get back (not in this forum of course.)

Good luck!

Michael

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]