Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Anyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bobby CullipherAnyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 12:38:22 pm

If so, what kind of performance are you getting? I do not see it listed in their approved/supported graphics cards.

I'm debating a Dell Precision laptop vs the new Macbook Pro... Dell has the approved Quadros, Macbooks only have have the GT 650m.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: Anyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:14:56 pm

Yes. I get (using cuda) 3 layers of 128px Gaussian blur w/ edge repeat enabled on 1080p dslr footage. Using OpenCL instead I get 5 layers of same in RT. For comparison a dell w an nvidia Maximus config gets 6 layers of rt & a Mac Pro running a GTX 480 gets 9 layers of same. So performance using OpenCL is quite good, cuda could definitely be improved.

Also tested after effects and resolve see my post in Davinci forum for more.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bobby CullipherRe: Anyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:31:11 pm

Thank you! From what I understand, Tesla is not an option on laptops... were these additional tests performed on desktops? My big concern is the performance of the Quadro 3000 (Dell) vs the GeForce GT 650M (Mac). I recently purchased a Dell M6600 Precision Laptop, but I'm still not happy with the performance. Just debating returning the Dell and getting the new Macbook... hoping the SSD will improve the performance.

Dell Precision M6600 (June 2012)
NVIDIA Quadro 3000
16GB RAM
i7 2860M
750GB HD RAID 0
Windows 7 Pro

Bobby

FCP 6 | 6.0.6
Mac OS X 10.6.5
2X3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: Anyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 4:13:47 pm

Yes, the comparison numbers are as compared to desktop systems. Don't generally use laptops so haven't tested any other laptop configs.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin MonahanRe: Anyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:47:55 pm

The GeForce GT 650M not officially supported yet. Make a feature request if you'd like to see it supported: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Anyone using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M for CS6 Premiere?
by on Oct 12, 2012 at 3:41:31 pm

The After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) update was just released. It includes many bug fixes and adds some GPUs to the list of those that can be used for GPU acceleration of ray-traced 3D rendering.

Details are here: http://adobe.ly/AE1102

One of the changes is adding the GT 650M to the official list of GPUs that can be used for GPU acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]