Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Media Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Aaron CrozierMedia Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)
by on Jun 11, 2012 at 9:00:37 pm

I'm working on a feature project being shot on the EPIC and I recently had a problem that I was able to work around but I'm wondering if anyone can offer some insight so I can actually solve the problem rather than work around it.

I'm editing on Mac OS 10.7.4 and recently upgraded to Premiere Pro CS 6.0.1

We've been editing the raw R3D files and I went home for the weekend without having any real issues. When I came back in after the weekend, I found that three camera rolls would not playback. I had an edited sequence using footage from these three rolls mixed in with footage from other camera rolls - the sequence plays fine up until it hits a clip from one of the three rolls then the audio continues but the video freezes. If I try to open any clips from those rolls in the source window, I get a "media pending" screen that will not go away.

The clips from those rolls open and play fine within REDCINE-X.

What I CAN do is re-import the clips into Premiere. Then, they play fine in the source window. The problem is that when I re-import the clips, they aren't associated with the edited clips in my timeline. I can re-edit the clips into the timeline and they appear to work fine (so far). Of course, this is not an ideal solution and if this occurs with more than just these three camera rolls, I am going to be screwed later down the line.

I have tried re-linking the clips in the timeline, same problem. Tried re-linking clips in the project window, same problem. The only thing that seems to work is re-importing.

I guess I should also mention that I am also merging the r3d files to wav files recorded on set. Finally, I am a longtime FCP user, first time CS6 user so forgive any ignorance towards CS6 I may have.

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Grégoire GiralRe: Media Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 12:15:19 am

Hi!

First of all i've created this Creative Cow forum account ONLY to reply to your post.

Why ? Because i've spend the all night wondering and looking online how to fix this problem!

And you know what ? i've found the solution !

The way i've fixed it is pretty simple :

- Export an XML files of your project
- Simply import the XML file in a all new PPRO project.

Seriously i've tried everything before ( cleaning media cache, importing the ppro project in a new project, change sckratch disk, change sequence settings, change project settings ) but none of them worked !

Try my solution and tell me if that works.

Peace

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aaron CrozierRe: Media Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 11:20:42 pm

Hey thanks a lot for the response - my lack of response is only because I have not had the issue come up again but I will file this solution away and try it if the problem ever occurs again.

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin KoniqRe: Media Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)
by on Jan 24, 2013 at 6:24:28 pm

Hi Gregoire - I created a Creative Cow account just to "thank you", your solution worked for me.

Cheers,
Kevin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Grégoire GiralRe: Media Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)
by on Jan 24, 2013 at 7:34:58 pm

You'r welcome ! Happy my tip get useful ;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brad CrawfordRe: Media Pending problem in CS6 (R3D footage)
by on May 23, 2013 at 7:07:46 pm

I'm having the same problem but the XML file has some annoying limiations like any of my footage that has been re-framed ends up being misplaced etc... is there any other solutions for this issue? It is very annoying.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]