Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

FCP XML to PPRo CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dirk DeJongheFCP XML to PPRo CS6
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:48:22 pm

I imported a project from FCP via XML to PremierePro CS6. The original format was PAL 720x576 interlaced with Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.0940 (fully standard).

After import, when I open the sequence (PAL, PAR 1.094) it shows black borders left and right of the picture, as if the PAR of 1.0 was fitted inside the format with PAR 1.094.

When I create a new sequence with PAR 1.0 and I copy/paste the shots, they are normal and no pillarbox is seen. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dirk

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan HolmesRe: FCP XML to PPRo CS6
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 3:43:04 pm

In your project bin where the media clips are imported to have you tried right clicking on the actual media file itself and gone to "Modify --> Interpret Footage..."

Inside that dialog box you can tell PPro to conform the PAR to a setting. In your case, D1/DV PAL (1.0940). That should solve your problem. PPro might be interpreting something from the XML incorrectly.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dirk DeJongheRe: FCP XML to PPRo CS6
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 7:37:00 pm

Thanks, Ryan, that's what I did and it worked. I just wanted to know why it didn't translate.

Dirk

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]