Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

5.1 Audio (not) encoding

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Vasco daNeva5.1 Audio (not) encoding
by on May 20, 2012 at 3:00:06 pm

I have an HDTV project all shot and set up with 5.1 channel audio. But when I open the Media Encoder (to encode for Blue Ray) all I see is Stereo in the Audio section. I see no way to encode it with the 5.1 audio. Please advise.

I work with CS 5.5

Regards,
Vasco

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John-Michael Seng-WheelerRe: 5.1 Audio (not) encoding
by on May 20, 2012 at 4:08:33 pm

Well, first, the only way that PP can encode 5.1 AC3 audio is using SurCode which is included with PP as a trial. You have 3 uses and after that you have to buy it.

Second, as far as I can tell, it only turns up as an option when you select ether MPEG-2 DVD or MPEG-2 BluRay as your output options, but not when you select H.264 Blu-Ray. There is a way around this however.

You just need to export the audio and the video separately. Select MPEG-2 Blu-Ray and export just the audio, (uncheck the "export video" checkbox) then select H.264 Blu-Ray and export just the video.

You can marry the two back together in Encore and output the disk.

Sorry I can't help you get around the 3 trial uses... you'll have to ether buy it or use another program after that.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vasco daNevaRe: 5.1 Audio (not) encoding
by on May 21, 2012 at 2:32:13 pm

Thank you, John-Michael.
I can't see that SurCode option at all though. Where do I look?

Regards,
Vasco

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John-Michael Seng-WheelerRe: 5.1 Audio (not) encoding
by on May 21, 2012 at 3:26:18 pm

Well, it's possible you don't have it. It's a plugin so the file disappears from the PP folder, poof it's gone. I used to delete mine because it slowed PP a bit, having to load the plugin.

Anyway, to get to SurCode, you select one of those two formats, ether MPEG-2 DVD or MPEG-2 Blu-Ray and go tithe audio tab and select Dolby Digital, and then SurCode will appear as an option.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vasco daNevaRe: 5.1 Audio (not) encoding
by on May 21, 2012 at 3:53:40 pm

Thanks a lot again. I'll give it a try.
Vasco

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter