Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Recursive relinking when conforming in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
José Luis Martínez DíazRecursive relinking when conforming in Premiere Pro
by on May 4, 2012 at 7:54:24 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to relink an AVID EDL into Premiere. Things seem to work, but when I select all offline clips and try to relink, premiere ask me for the location of EVERY clip. This is a RED timeline, so all R3D files are exactly in the same location AVID used, with the same folder structure.

Is there any way to make premiere look for all the missing files from a top directory, all the way down? (ptryyy much like how davinci works) It seem impossible to relink a feature if I have to manually tell premiere the exact location of every other file...

Cheers,

Jose

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John-Michael Seng-WheelerRe: Recursive relinking when conforming in Premiere Pro
by on May 10, 2012 at 4:14:12 am

[José Luis Martínez Díaz] "Is there any way to make premiere look for all the missing files from a top directory, all the way down?"

You'd think...... but no. Premiere is kinda stupid when it comes to relinking like this. It's good at finding stuff when you move files around that are already in a project, but in your case, there's nothing you can do but relink them all manually.

CS6 may have fixed this. I hope so.. it's kinda silly how weak the relinking features of Premiere are.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]