Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Issue exporting animations

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
francesco orazziniIssue exporting animations
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 1:48:52 pm

Hi everyone.
I will appreciate if someone could help me solving this problem
I'm working at my animations with After Effect, and than I do the final composition with Premiere Pro.
I do the rendering, and everything is ok on the preview screen of
Premier Pro.
But what I get after the export is a weird "shade" between the frames.
You can see here what I'm talking about:

shade

normal

What I've noticed this happens especially in the parts which contain SWF in the original file of composition (I usually export the part as .mov, if you need to know)

The weirdest thing is that this time I'm getting this result after switched my project from Premier Pro CS4 to CS5.
As I've told you, it's always happen during my projects. But now is taking the mostly of the video.

I've tried to change some option of the export, but nothing happens.
Can you please help me?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy EdwardsRe: Issue exporting animations
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 5:17:27 pm

Looks like you are having interlace or fielding issues. Check to make sure you are consistent with all your media being the same upper field (if all HD frame sizes) or lower field( if standard def sizes).

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

francesco orazziniRe: Issue exporting animations
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 6:06:08 pm

well, actually all the media are the same (.mov)
is that what you mean? Is also seems they're well interlaced, if I got it correctly.
What about the fielding issue? I don't know so much about that,
thank you a lot

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:01:01 pm

Check your workflow. They can all be .mov files, but how you export them out of after effects needs to be the same. Make sure you exporting the exact same settings of each comp. Check that your fields are all set to the same setting. If they are not, that could be the reason you get the "strobing" of fields or shades as you call them.

Maybe give an example of how you are taking a clip through your work flow to get to premiere. List out all your settings and maybe a detail will jump out to help you solve this issue.

Also, when you export out of premiere make sure your settings are the same as your after effects exports.
for example, if you choose a youtube preset in adobe media encoder, it defaults to 24 fps as a default. You need to change this to match your animations out of after effects. Maybe you are doing 29.97 frame rate.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:32:30 am

I'll check properly and I'll get back with more details.
I really appreciate your help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 30, 2012 at 1:06:30 am

Hi Andy,
I'm checking the settings, but all I can find actually is a little ratio different (after effect 768x576 / premiere 720x 576) but I don't know if that can be the cause of the problem. Maybe you already get it, but I'm not a well experienced of premier, and its interface changing in the cs5 make me a little disoriented about the settings. As I've told you, this time I'm getting the problem after switched to cs5. With cs4 I got the correct export you've seen in the initial post.

You can see some pictures attached to this post.
1,2,3 are screenshots of after effect, composition setting and export.

Figure 4 is premiere export setting.

Maybe you see something wrong I cannot understand?
Sorry for all these posts. I'd really like to understand what's going on
Thanks

F.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:10:11 pm

Hi Francesco,

Here is a good article to read up on at adobe's site:

All your settings look correct, but I'm not sure if the size issue you mentioned above could be the problem. Did you try forcing After Effects to make your comp size 720X576 and export a test?

Since you are doing lower field selection in Premiere, can you also change your field selection in After Effects to lower and re-export to test if it plays fine? You change this selection in your first AFX picture above under "Field Render" and choose lower.

Have you tried exporting all your animations as Progressive to see if you get the interlacing problem?

Another thing to check is how after effects is interpreting the footage. Right click on one of your video clips in AFX and choose interpret footage main. Check that your separate fields is checked as lower.

Andy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]