Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

CS5.5 Mac - Spinning Beachballs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeff BeaumontCS5.5 Mac - Spinning Beachballs
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:30:57 pm

I've been editing with Premiere Pro CS5.5 full time for about six months now (after 10 years with FCP). I've had the occasional crash but suddenly I've been getting the spinning beachball when I Paste Attributes. Not every time, but maybe every 10th paste. BTW- it never stops spinning so I need to force quit. The report says it was a "Hang".

What's the best way to fix this, or is this a known issue? I am trying not to assume that basic system maintenance is identical to FCP. In FCP world I would REpair Preferences and use "Preference Manager" to trash my FCS preferences and cache)

What is the "best practice" for repairing a CS5.5 system that is having issues?

Adobe Production Premium CS5.5
MacPro 5,1 (2x6 core 2.66mHz)
48GB RAM
Mac OS 10.6.8
Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3G
Archion Synergy SAN (FibreJet 4.2.2)

Jeff Beaumont

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff BeaumontRe: CS5.5 Mac - Spinning Beachballs
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:48:37 pm

from my previous post, make that "Repair Permissions"..
Also there seems to be several menu options for deleting previews and deleting cache files.
Is that a good idea? Again I don't want to assume and make things worse for myself. It's kind of a big project so rebuilding previews might take a while

Thanks for any help for suggestion you can give.

Jeff

Jeff Beaumont

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darin GriffithRe: CS5.5 Mac - Spinning Beachballs
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:59:14 pm

I'm running a Mac Pro 5,1 2.8GHz Xeon. I've had some stability issues but nothing like what you are talking about with the beach ball hang. I do get occasional hangs but I just do the same thing I did in Windows; close Premiere and re-launch Premiere. If I get another problem I close and reboot the system. This usually keeps me working with minimal downtime. Of course, it goes without saying, that my normal practice of quickly tapping command+S just before I do a render of any kind is a good practice to get into. Hope this helps!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon ChappellRe: CS5.5 Mac - Spinning Beachballs
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 4:01:55 am

[Jeff Beaumont] "In FCP world I would REpair Preferences and use "Preference Manager" to trash my FCS preferences and cache"

Preference Manager also supports Adobe Premiere.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]