Re: how many clips?-multicam by Alex Udell on Apr 21, 2012 at 3:59:05 pm
In a nut shell...
creating your own multicam by
stacking scaled down, synced clips on multiple tracks and then splice cutting upward to the top track can be done pretty easily.
1) stack 6 cams on tracks 1 thru 6 scaled and repo'd so as to create a multicam grid
3) us the titler to add text overlays to indicate which PIP corresponds to which video track, and cut this on to track 7
2) export that sequence as a clip and cut it onto track 7 (replacing the the title overlay)
3) reset the scale and position of the PIPS on tracks 1-6 (this is important so that when you bring the splice up to track 8 it is full screen and completely covers the multicamera grid clip on track 7)
4) now you can splice and cut from tracks 1-6 UP to track 8. just mute the track 8 temporarily to reveal track 7 if you need to see the multicam ref clip on see what all the cameras are doing.
I've used this on a number of multi-cam, multi-take projects and it works pretty easily.
hope that helps...
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX