Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro cs5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Karen DyerPremiere pro cs5.5
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 2:17:03 am

Premiere pro project crashes when opening. I have an imac running OS 10.7.3 (8GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2048mb) and have Premiere Pro 5.5.2. I have had 2 projects that I have worked on for hours and saved numerous times and then when I closed pp and tried to reopen the file the screen goes white and then crashes. Please help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Al BergsteinRe: Premiere pro cs5.5
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 3:08:03 pm

Karen, do you have any friends that could conceivably open these files? It would quickly eliminate whether the files are corrupted in some way. It sounds as if you cannot even successfully open PP5.5. Is that correct? If so, then reinstall the program, as an option. If it opens but the files don't, then try my first suggestion.

Was there any upgrades you installed from either Apple or AMD?

Hopefully you have a backup of the files, maybe a time machine install you can return to?

Al

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Karen DyerRe: Premiere pro cs5.5
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 7:53:40 pm

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who is using PP. I tried the backups but that didn't work either. I can launch PP and start a new project and it's fine. But after having gone through that process twice and am unable to open either project I'm worried about starting over just to lose it all again. I was able to import the sequence from one of the files but obviously all the cuts/transitions etc are no longer editable.
I'm really new to video editing. I just bought PP in March along with the new imac so it's all up-to-date. I've read that people are having problems with the titler and I did have titles in my project. Also, is it possible that if one of my videos in the project had the wrong settings applied that it could cause these problems?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 22, 2012 at 5:12:54 am

I'll let others chime in, and perhaps you should post this on Adobe's site. But it seems that you may have a corrupted file or timeline. Given that you can still start the program and create new projects

Al

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 12, 2012 at 9:44:59 pm

I posted to the adobe forum with no responses. Every project I create gets corrupted at some point. I'm about ready to cut my losses and switch programs. I work with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and love those programs. I expected to have the same reliability with premiere pro and that's why I chose it but I simply can't get this program to be stable and I have no idea what to do to fix the problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 13, 2012 at 1:34:04 am

Happened to see this while in the midst of some other stuff...what is the format you are using? I've not had any corruption happen on CS 5.5 with AVCHD, MXF or other file formats. But I use very straight forward documentary kind of work, with little effects. I'm at a loss about what could be different with your workflow. How complex are these projects? Tons of fx? Third party add ons? etc. Did it ever work?

Al

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 13, 2012 at 3:06:14 am

It's never worked...every project crashes at some point. I'm not using a lot of effects...just some transitions between cuts and a maybe a few titles but not every project had titles. The project I did today had no effects, no transitions but I did add a second audio layer with an mp3 file. It was 3 short video clips of my daughter dancing and I added the song to cover up the parents talking...quick and dirty, just to give my daughter something to watch so she could practice.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]