Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Leaping from CS2 to CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David SapadinLeaping from CS2 to CS6
by on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:10:58 pm

Hi:

I have Production Studio CS2 and was able to buy a wonderful Total Training package to go with it (way back when). The Total Training includes beginner and advanced training for all the software included in Production Studio.

Now I am ready to finally take the plunge into 64 bit with CS6 Production Studio, but cannot find anywhere that has all the training I want. I need to be able somehow to bridge the gap between CS2 and CS6 which I think would include basic training as if I were a newbie, but then also the Advanced training I know I am going to want for After Effects, Photoshop, Premier, Soundbooth (CS2's audio software is Audition 2.0) and Encore (CS2 was still pretty much a pain in the butt). I have checked Lynda as well as Total Training and neither one seems to offer the beginning as well as advanced training. I am taking it for granted that the beginning training would include any significant upgrades in functionality that have been introduced since CS2. I am perfectly happy with CS2, always have been, and especially the great Total Training set of DVD's I was able to buy at the same time I bought CS2 Production Studio. Too bad there doesn't seem to be anything like that training available anymore.

Thanks,

Dave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Leaping from CS2 to CS6
by on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:17:19 pm

There's good training for beginners listed here:
http://adobe.ly/psbYc4

I recorded some of the video2brain materials myself, and I can certainly vouch for the resources by Maxim Jago and Jan Ozer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Ann BensRe: Leaping from CS2 to CS6
by on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:34:13 pm

Check Adobe's upgrade policy.
If you wait until CS6 has been released you will not be able to upgrade from CS2 to CS6. You will have to pay the full wax.
You need to upgrade to CS5.5 very soon and get a free update for CS6.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Leaping from CS2 to CS6
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 2:20:24 pm

I would suggest you jump on it today - if you buy CS5.5, you'll get a free CS6 when it ships, plus there's a 10 percent offer going until April 15:

http://www.adobe.com/products/discount-software-coupons.html

I just bought and upgrade to the Master Collection from CS5 to CS5.5, and it cost me 500 bucks. Then when it ships I'll get a Christmas present in July (or whenever it ships).

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]