Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

XDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
George CreasmanXDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:16:57 pm

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone done this?
We currently have an XDCAM HD (1440x1080) camera and are considering a new 800 series (true 1920x1080)...I know they have different presets in the new sequence drop down...but will the HD work in a HD 422 timeline?? I do not have access to any HD 422 footage or I would experiment myself.
Thanks for any clarification.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: XDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:30:24 pm

Hi George,

As Premiere pro CS5.5 is very flexible with mixed formats on the timeline, I see no issue. I would of course set the Sequence to the higher-quality of the two formats, at 1920x1080. Premiere will respect the pixel aspect ratio of the 1440 material and it will blend right in.

On our demo systems, I mix all kinds of footage together - XDCAM EX, HDV, ProRes 422, AVCHD, DSLR, even RED 2K and 4K clips!!

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George CreasmanRe: XDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 6:08:38 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! ...we are currently using CS5 with no plans of changing anytime soon...I'd love to get my hands on a few seconds of XDCAM HD 422 native (mxf) footage before I recommend it though...it's company money that will be spent, not mine. So far the native HD files have worked well for us in PP and AFX.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]