Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Editing 1080p MOV files in CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tony PiEditing 1080p MOV files in CS5
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 6:37:37 pm

Hey guys I just picked up a new Canon T3i and it shoots in 1080p and the files are MOV files.

I've never edited 1080, progressive scan footage, or worked with MOV. So I was wondering what the best settings for my timeline/sequences are, and what settings I should use for encoding? I'm pretty novice in my technical understanding of these things, so please pardon the seemingly stupid question. I just want to get the best looking video I can.

If it matters most of the stuff I shoot will be for the web.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chad WilsonRe: Editing 1080p MOV files in CS5
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 7:37:16 pm

Hi Tony,
I think we have all been there... get the best quality you can all the way through the project. In the “New Sequence” selector pop – out (File_New_Sequence or Crtl+N) there are several Canon and DSLR sequence options to choose from depending on your fps. I like to use the shortcut of letting PPro choose the best for me. Select your footage and drag it to the New Item button at the bottom of the bin. It is between the New Bin (folder) button and the trash can button. You will automatically get a Sequence that is best suited for you footage and you can drag multiple files at once. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]