Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Audio denoiser crashing Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Christopher CoffynAudio denoiser crashing Premiere
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:34:52 pm

One of our interns is having a challenging time. He's added the denoiser filter to a series of interview clips (shot in four different locations) on a fairly simple timeline. Whenever he opens the effects panel to tweak the filter on one of the clips, Premiere crashes.

iMac i5 quad core, 17 gig memory, RAID 5 OWC connected via firewire 800, Snow Leopard, Premiere Pro 5.5 (just updated to ...2 and still having the crash) Footage is from a Canon 60D at 24p

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Christopher CoffynRe: Audio denoiser crashing Premiere
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:28:18 pm

I finally found a few additional posts on Adobes Premiere forum. Apparently some others have had the problem at least back to ver 5. One user had not encountered the problem when using the DeNoiser filter.

Part of me wonders if it has anything to do with mixed audio rates/formats in timeline, which we have. 44.1 and 48 khz, wav and whatever format the DSLR recorded natively within H.264 codec.

Thoughts anyone? Are most of you just doing it in Audition?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Audio denoiser crashing Premiere
by on Nov 25, 2011 at 6:38:38 am

The noise reduction is so much better in Audition, that I never use Premiere Pro for this purpose.

Of course, you should't be getting crashes. Please submit a bug report so that we can get to the bottom of what's going wrong:
http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

There's information about the integration between Audition and Premiere Pro here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Christopher CoffynRe: Audio denoiser crashing Premiere
by on Nov 25, 2011 at 4:23:23 pm

Thanks Todd, someone else had suggested that, so I have reported the bug. Like many, we are currently (slowly) moving toward Premere (from FCP) for our major editing. At the same time we have tested FCPX on a few basic projects. The power of being able to do some basic audio noise removal, without crashing & within a video editing software is huge. Especially in our non-profit minimal staff/budget world. At the same time we value programs like Audition that are so feature rich when it comes to audio sweetening. We are keenly looking to see even greater improvements in the Adobe suite. Keep up the good work!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]