Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kent KumpulaWarning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:17:41 pm

OK, so it really seems like a butt-ugly bug, and a old one too! It seems that Adobe has known about this bug long over a year ago... They just haven´t done anything about it.

If you change the framerate at all between your import footage and your export format in Adobe Media Encoder, it forces a frameblending of all footage.

Yeah, I know there is a small "thing" you can slock/unlock to choose with/without frameblending on the settings page. IT doesen´t matter what this is set to, it always frameblends the final output.

I have a 1280x720 50p material that is supposed to be delivered in a 25fps format... and all I get is 100% frameblended images! Instead of dropping every other frame and giving me progressive footage, all I get are super-interlaced crap.

The most scry thing is that Adobe has already known about this long over a year ago, read this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2594714

Can anyone from Adobe answer this? Has it really been a know issue all along, just that nobody at Adobe thought is was a bug that needed to be squashed?

Will this be fixed in CS6? So we can actually start using Adobe Media Encoder? As it looks now, we need to use a a third party software for all encoding and exports. Media Encoder screws up all the footage to jaggies and frameblended crap.

Yes, I have sent a bug report to Adobe about this. The more reports they get, perhaps they choose to fix this bug.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:38:10 pm

You can also use After Effects to encode by dropping frames, the render queue controls are more robust.

- Angelo Lorenzo
- http://filmsfor.us

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon BarrieRe: Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:49:44 pm

Have you tried dropping the edit as a nest into a 25p timeline and make sure it looks clean in the program monitor without any frame blending then export...

Let us know how it goes. :)

Jon Barrie
Adobe Video Solutions Consultant ANZ
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kent KumpulaRe: Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:02:38 am

Phew, thanks! It is a working workaround for the bug, at least for my footage. Do you know it it works for the problems in the thread I linked to, in the Adobe forum? One was even without speedchange at all:

"AME does frame blend going from Canon 24P AVCHD to Apple TV 720 24P preset. Why?"

Perhaps you could send a link to this old thread to someone at Adobe who has a account on their own forum. So the thread would get an answer and a temporary solution. If someone would have answered the thread already, telling everyone Adobe knows about this and has a temporary workaround, I wouldn´t have needed to post this thread at all.

On second thought... I probably would, to let others know about the bug.

The guys in the other thread are talking about Media Encoder 4.2. Is that from CS4? Then this bug has survived through CS4, CS5 and CS5.5. IT makes no sense to me. Do the guys at the development actually know about this bug? Or is it just left untouched on purpose, because there is a workaround for the bug?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:47:57 pm

I believe that Adobe responds to bug reports (and fixes them) based upon the volume of bug reports which come in on any given issue. Todd Kopriva can answer this better than I can.

So, while people from Adobe monitor these forums and jump in with answers, it it important for the users to submit a bug report (or feature request) when something is found broken or missing:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon BarrieRe: Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 6:22:28 am

Thanks Joseph, you hit the nail on the head. Adobe respond best to bug reports which they openly have access for all users to submit.

A work around is better than nothing, in my experience workarounds tend to become common knowledge and when the bug is fixed (this goes for all NLE makers) the users don't even change habits as they are too busy working with what works and meeting deadlines. :)

Please submit a bug report.

:) JB

Jon Barrie
Adobe Video Solutions Consultant ANZ
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kent KumpulaRe: Warning, serious bug in Adobe Media Encoder! Adobe doesen´t seem to care at all...
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 7:25:25 am

Oh, I have left a bug report about this. I find it hard to believe that not one user would have left Adobe a bug report from a problem of this size, and so easily repeatable and affecting 100% o the users (it seems to have nothing to do with the hardware you have).

I found something like 2-3 people/threads with this problem, and the workaround was not found as an answer in any of the threads. So it is hardly common knowledge, and hardly something poeple will keep using when/if the bug is solved.

Lets say I have 126 50p files I need to downconvert to SD with Media Encoder. Oh, yeah, I will just create a Premiere project and create 126 timelines where I will import these 126 files... While it is a workaround it is a real timekiller. In these cases I tend to lean towards Compressor and use it instead.

Using Media Encoder and the workaround is waaay too time consuming.

But for Premiere Projects that already exist, it is useable. For converting files, not so useable (any other encoding software is preferrable if compared with the need to create 126 sequences and all).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]