Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Copy/Paste a title without altering it

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeff GerstCopy/Paste a title without altering it
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:56:37 pm

I saw an old thread about this, but wanted to know if Premiere has updated this feature - Does AP CS5.5 allow you to copy and paste a title in a sequence and change it without changing the original.

Is there a way to simply copy the title, paste in somewhere else in the sequence and have it be independent of the first title? My solution to date was to first duplicate the title in its Bin, then drag to the timeline.

Thx.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: Copy/Paste a title without altering it
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 8:22:35 pm

Open the title, and at the upper left of the Titler window is a button that will duplicate the current title, with a new name, then you can make your changes.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GerstRe: Copy/Paste a title without altering it
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 8:41:59 pm

Thx for the help! Still not as great as copy paste but helps!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: Copy/Paste a title without altering it
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 8:49:50 pm

Let me elaborate on my title workflow. I'm currently working on several dance recitals with a LOT of titles (one for each act), and I want to have a "template" for uniformity. I make the first title and place it, then copy/paste that "Title 1" into next slot, then open it in Titler by double-clicking on it in the sequence.

I next hit the button to make a copy, and rename "Title 2" or whatever, then alter the title contents and exit. When I go back to Premiere, the "Title 1" is still highlighted, and I right-click and choose "Replace with clip from bin", which is the latest "Title 2" I just created. Done! Automatically replaces with updated title and maintains the current length and any effects.

Hope this helps

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Jeff GerstRe: Copy/Paste a title without altering it
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 9:23:01 pm

Cool - just tried that & it is better - will work with that workflow & see if I can streamline - looks good so far... Thx!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

carole jonesRe: Copy/Paste a title and altering text on original without loosing animation
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 8:20:45 pm

hi

i want to copy a title 1 which I animated, paste it into a new slot (rename it) and then
alter only text on the first title, without loosing the animation, how do I do that, kind of opposite of nesting...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: Copy/Paste a title and altering text on original without loosing animation
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 8:48:30 pm

Hi Caroline,

Try this - copy and paste the title, then double click the copy to open in Titler, then click the button for "Create new titled based on current". Modify the text and exit Titler (new title gets added to bin). Right-click on copied title on timeline, and select "Replace with Clip from Bin". This should update clip to NEW title text, while keeping current effects attributes.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex UdellRe: Copy/Paste a title without altering it
by on Jul 20, 2011 at 12:54:49 am

You are correct, versions need to be created in the project panel or title tool. Duplicates made in the sequence link to the same master clip.

Alex

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]