Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

No Sequence Preview Preset file or codec

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Alethea GogeriNo Sequence Preview Preset file or codec
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 6:50:43 pm

I had a project in Premier that was working fine. A few days later I opened the project and got the following error on a few computers

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

The project opened up fine in another computer. All computers are Mac OS X 2x2.8GHz Quad Cores. The only conclusion I can come to is that there's a codec that's not on two out of the three computers I tried. Has anyone else had this problem?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vince BecquiotRe: No Sequence Preview Preset file or codec
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 7:46:29 pm

Hi Alethea,

My guess is that either some of these Premiere versions are running trial versions, or they are not up to date.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard DayRe: No Sequence Preview Preset file or codec
by on May 11, 2011 at 9:26:35 pm

I just got the same message, and the movie I've been editing for the last few weeks won't come up in any form.

I am running a paid copy of Premiere Pro CS5.5.

I read some people were getting the message with a trial version of PluralEyes; I am using a paid version of Dual Eyes.

It's maddening/worrying. Even if the message is literally true (suddenly, arbitrarily) I would hope it would open the project and just not display whatever sequences it means.

As it stands now, I'm really screwed -- none of the backup copies open either.

Help!

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan RollinsRe: No Sequence Preview Preset file or codec
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:34:10 pm

I just had this issue myself and for anyone else with it I found a fix.. at least it worked for me.

Take a look at this forum reply, you need to open the project file in Text editor and make some simple edits. This saved me! All my projects started to do this after I moved my adobe application files to a new folder in an effort to "cleanup" my harddrive... very strange!

Link to fix: http://www.singularsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=254&sid=4616731aa...

Cheers,
Dan Rollins - LiveWireFilms.com
HDSLR Videographer (T2i & 7D shooter) - FCP 7.0.3 (Studio 3) - 27" iMac 2.8 Quad-core i7 4GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 & 17" MBP 2.3 Quad-core i7 8GB RAM - AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Oscar NievaRe: No Sequence Preview Preset file or codec
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:28:51 am

I have tried your method and didn't work. The thing is that I don't even have any sequences. I just merge clips using the project panel to sync audio and video. After I do this and save the project, the next time that I try to open the project it crashes and it sais:

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type"

Can anyone try with your own copy of premiere if this is happening with your installation? I'm running out of time to complete this job and I need a desperate answer.

Help Please

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]