Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Project not loading in Premiere Pro CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan DaviesProject not loading in Premiere Pro CS4
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 8:43:41 pm

I'm currently editing a new short film of mine for release sometime in August. We started filming on Saturday and everything was going fine until this morning. I opened the Premiere Pro CS4 project and the progress bar finished, but the project didn't load. It then stops responding completely. It has now started doing this with all my other projects and backup files. The film is being shot in HD (1440x1080) and I have selected the correct project type for this. I'm rather confused and frustrated by this as I have been editing with the same camera and settings since May with no problems until now.

How can I fix this? Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: Project not loading in Premiere Pro CS4
by on Jul 24, 2009 at 8:29:00 pm

First, you need to figure out where the issue is...

You may have a corrupt project file...or it may be one video clip that has become a problem?

If you can open a new project...it's not the app.

If you can move the media files and get the project to load with the media 'offline', it's likely media clip problem.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mahmud LundRe: Project not loading in Premiere Pro CS4
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 3:07:52 pm

You can try what Tim has suggested.

Another possibility, which revealed both the problem I had which was similar to yours, and an unfortunate oversight in the way CS4 works, is to open a new blank project with the same settings and then try to import your project. When I did that then immediately CS4 returned that the project file was corrupted (damaged) and couldn't be opened. [why doesn't CS4 tell you the same thing when it trys to load the project from the opening screen?]

Someone else here recommended going back to an auto-save version of the project, I did that, selected all assets for 'offline' so it didn't waste time loading and then picked specific assets that I needed to re-construct my project.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

chidozie onwudiweRe: Project not loading in Premiere Pro CS4
by on Nov 29, 2009 at 4:41:28 pm

i've had this same problem on several occations, most time i had to reload my cs4 for it to be resolved.
*you did not state your memory size,i found out that if a memory is low or bad it halts prgress.
*most times while my project is loading i access task manager and increase the priority of my importer process to real time while stoping some programs that are choking up memory space.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jo ArmstrRe: Project not loading in Premiere Pro CS4
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 9:26:59 pm

I too could not load ANY existing sizeable projects in CS4. They would hang at around 95 percent loaded. Eventually (even hours later) I got a \Importer\FileImporter.cpp-1132 error and Premiere Pro CS4 crashed.
I fixed this by opening the project in After Effects CS4, then saving the project as a Premiere Project. I opened it in AE, but had lost all my sequences. Opening the original (Premiere-created) project again then was ok in Premiere. Around 15min load time.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]