Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Exporting from Premiere (lossless)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Johannes SchwarzExporting from Premiere (lossless)
by on May 29, 2009 at 1:17:47 pm

Hi,

I'm coming close to finishing my first 70min DVD project. Hurray!

On my Core 2 Pc with Adobe CS3 I had to split up the project into 10 Sequences to keep Premiere from crashing all the time and have it display the stills correctly (a real pain). I can't put the sequences all in one final sequence, without it crashing, so I need to export them individually and then re-import the resulting videos into a new Premiere project for some final editing, sound effects etc.

How should I export them to get the best quality (lossless if possible)? Most of the used footage is SD off a miniDV Camcorder, but there are Motion graphics and stock footage clips (shot with other camcorders presumably). All my material is progressive, but there is some stockfootage that came interlaced. I tried exporting through Export > Movie , but I seem to get horizontal lines when I play back the file. Is this a DV feature? What do people think of Quicktime, PNG or Motion JPG for exporting quality footage?

What recommendations would you make for exporting to a DVD? Would you make the mpeg2 files progressive or interlace them?

thanks for any suggestions
Johannes

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eddie LotterRe: Exporting from Premiere (lossless)
by on May 29, 2009 at 1:56:49 pm

1. Use DV. I doubt you will see any degradation in two generations of DV encoding.

2. Defintely interlaced.

Cheers
Eddie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Johannes SchwarzRe: Exporting from Premiere (lossless)
by on May 30, 2009 at 11:31:01 am

Thanks Eddie. I'll do that.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

William JonesRe: Exporting from Premiere (lossless)
by on Jun 6, 2009 at 1:57:37 am

Your best option is to export a quicktime with no compression. This will be completely lossless and will keep all of your color information. Those horizontal lines are interlacing and they will always be there unless you export progressive.

William

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Johannes SchwarzRe: Exporting from Premiere (lossless)
by on Jun 6, 2009 at 5:55:21 am

Thanks William,

The exporting is done and 12.000 copies are pressed as we speak (hopefully), but I'll have a look at the quicktime export next time. My question about the lines was stupid. I was not aware, that the DV export settings were set to interlaced. I had thought that it would keep all those video files as they were (almost all progressive), but then realized my "mistake",

Greetings,
Fr. Johannes

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]