Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Andrew PlanetaImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Dec 6, 2008 at 12:47:04 am

Was just editing a video. I have been editing for about 2 hours now and then this error comes up "ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped" and is ordering me to close program. When this program stops, editing in Premiere Pro freezes up and video play back stops. I didnt change any settings. SO im not sure why I would get an error like this all of a sudden.

Using Vista 64 bit home pr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PLANETA STUDIOS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Dec 6, 2008 at 3:03:25 am

as an XP user considering Vista, nice to see these errors are independent of the OS. This seems to be a new backgrouind process with CS4. Tim, any insight?

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim BushRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Dec 7, 2008 at 10:33:59 am

Same here, Vista x64 8GB ram. Doing multi-cam edit, 3 x 1 hour hdv footage, half way into editing and I get the same message.

Just plain annoying!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jiri FialaRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Dec 9, 2008 at 6:30:24 am

Adobe has added several new layers of complexity to CS4 bundle. There are more of these processes (process syncronization, importer, headless versions of Premiere and AFX), which are supposed to make things faster via Dynamic Link and Media Encoder, but are in fact so very brittle, unstable and poorly coded that they hardly help.

My advice would be: reinstall, and when you have stable system, DON`T update any of the critical frameworks like drivers and Quicktime, regardless of what Adobe tech support might say. Avid warns not to update for update`s sake for a reason.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim BushRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:33:22 pm

Yes, I just spent the night reinstalling Vista x64 and the entire CS4 master suite without the updates.

All is good!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew PlanetaRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Dec 14, 2008 at 4:17:19 am

NOPE. Reinstalled Operating system, and software. This is what happen. It worked at first. Ok. Then I shut down Pc, come back to it at another day. This time, I wanted to do some rendering. Did that for a bit then stopped. Ok, When I went to play back some of my clips on the timeline, they ~wouldn't~ play the edited clip...its like they had a freeze shot of another clip from another piece of the edited timeline??? So Im like???, Ill just restart. Did not work, And then the "ImporterProcessserver.exe has stopped" popped up....So I Never installed updates!!! I did have microsoft windows media Player running at the time???? But are you serious....

RunningVista 64Bit.

PLANETA STUDIOS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Max PawlikowskiRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Jan 29, 2009 at 11:32:55 am

I've got he boot camp and the same thing is one VISTA AND OSX

The same porblem is on the OSX but it doesn't generate the whole PP4 to collapse ... this ImporterProcessServer thing is just simply hanging down very shortly after launching the PP4... but inspite of that rest works fine ... :O
The strande thing is that the nubers of maximum ram usage are in both cases reeching the same value ... and then the process dyes ...

Any ideas ... maby a preyer to to the Adobe ico .........

this sucks

Max

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Guidon MendozaRe: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped?
by on Sep 6, 2009 at 8:18:14 am

Same here!!!

Wind XP SP3, I can't render a movie into MPEG2(because of the ImporterProcessServer crushing), but no problem into wmv...

Any ideas?

Guidon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]