Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Lossless export settings HELP

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
darren wallaceLossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 25, 2008 at 5:03:44 pm

Type: AVI Movie
File Size: 452.4 MB
Image Size: 720 x 576
Pixel Depth: 32
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:02:05:01
Average Data Rate: 3.6 MB / second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.094

AVI File details:
Timecode:
Reel name: Untitled Tape
User Timecode: 00:01:38:15
Contains 1 video track(s) and 1 audio track(s).
Interleave: 1 : 24.81

Video track 1:
Size is 429.29M bytes (average frame = 148.12K bytes)
There are 3126 keyframes.
Frame rate is 25.00 fps
Frame size is 720 x 576
Depth is 24 bits.

Audio track 1:
Size is 22.89M bytes
Rate is 48000 samples/sec
Sample size is 16 bits

Please help,

I have searched the internet and can't find any help on how to export clips in Premiere pro CS4 as completely lossless. I have tried exporting using various codecs and file formats but they all seem to be much less than the original file size. I have even used quicktime - animation codec - 100 quality but it has bad export quality. What export settings should be used to get the file above to export at the same 452Mb file size?

I will use procoder after to compress to MPEG2 file format.

It is a DVD I'm producing and want the best quality available from the original DV video camera footage possible (to fit the DVD disc).

Thanks much appreciated

DAZZ

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vince BecquiotRe: Lossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 25, 2008 at 6:34:28 pm

Lossless is related to visual loss, so the size may be smaller but there is no artifacting or visual loss.

QT animation is my favorite and you should not see any degradation of any kind. How are you viewing the file, is it set to high quality in QT player preferences ?

For Mpeg2, I don't think Procoder will lead to better quality than the Premiere encoder.

How long is the footage you are trying to burn to DVD ?

Vince Becquiot
Director | Editor

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: Lossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 25, 2008 at 7:29:43 pm

Hi DAZZ,

I think you are trying too hard. If this is DV footage in a DV project, just go to File > Export > Movie and be done with it. Take the resulting AVI into ProCoder and make your MPEG-2 file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "lossless", that usually implies working with Uncompressed footage. When going to MPEG-2 (lossy compression) there would be no advantage of exporting "lossless" from Premiere, DV is already compressed anyway, keep it native then.

By looking for a different export format (other than default), you are adding another format conversion to the process, possibly resulting in additional quality loss. In the Export settings, you can uncheck "recompress", that may help.

I do agree that ProCoder can make a better MPEG-2 file

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

darren wallaceRe: Lossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 25, 2008 at 11:21:47 pm

Thanks people for your quick and helpful advice. The footage is roughly 45min long. I think I'll export straight out as mov file and then encode as MPEG like said. I didn't realise dv from the cheap video camera was already compressed. Thanks

Darren

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David DobsonRe: Lossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 26, 2008 at 5:28:32 am

Uncompressed Microsoft AVI?

But also - you should use the AME to export to DVD Mpreg-2 file. It works really well.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Judy NataleRe: Lossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:05:27 am

How can I export Uncompressed Microsoft AVI with audio?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tam PerlRe: Lossless export settings HELP
by on Nov 26, 2008 at 11:25:00 pm

In CS3 I would export from Premiere using a quicktime format to a non-compressed file - set the codec to "None" in the same drop-down menu where you would choose Animation or anything else similar. Compress later using a specialized compression app. The problem with CS4 is that the "none" option now greys out many of the options, so that it does its own thing that is too low a bit rate to give you any sharpness. If anyone has the fix for this problem, I'd like to know it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]