Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

removing echo

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
John Drithremoving echo
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 8:39:13 pm

Are there any audio filters in PP1.5 that will help me remove echo from an audio recording?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: removing echo
by on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:33:48 pm

Unfortunately echo and/or "reverb" (big, open space kind of sounds) are easy to add in software, but really impossible to completely, aesthetically remove.

You can do things to reduce it, but you'll never be able to take a really "live" room sound and make it sound dry and close-mic'd as convincingly as you could do the reverse...

The Audio pros forum here at the Cow would probably be the place to check to see what could be done to reduce the problem as well as possible...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vince BecquiotRe: removing echo
by on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:36:37 pm

There really isn't any way in any software to remove an echo.

You can try the dynamics filter and use the gate component.
That will basically cut the audio below a certain level and will reduce the issue up to a certain point, but it can also make things worse if the reverb is really pronounced.

All I can recommend is a hanging few sound blankets around on your next shoot and keep any shotgun mic within a few feet from the source.

Vince

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Troy WittRe: removing echo
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:31:41 pm

I haven't been able to find a plug-in or filter to do this, but I was turned on to an external box that did wonders and saved a shoot for me. It's called the Cedar DNS1000. We rented one for about $100 locally. Buying the box is WAY too expensive. Give it a try next time you need to remove echo or reverb from a recording. I wish they could put their technology into a plug-in. That would be killer!

Troy Witt, President
Take One Productions, Inc.
http://www.TakeOneDigital.com video production & webcasting

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]