Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere and Xplode

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ted StricklerPremiere and Xplode
by on Aug 17, 2008 at 1:53:07 pm

Recently I had to get a new editing computer and thought it wise to upgrade software at the same time. I went from Premiere 6.0 to Premiere Pro CS3. When I did that I lost my Canopus Xplode Professional transitions. Now Premiere does not even seem to recognize that Canopus is installed.

Is there a way to use the Xplode transitions in Premire CS3?

Thank you,

Ted

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Harm MillaardRe: Premiere and Xplode
by on Aug 17, 2008 at 8:44:50 pm

No.

Harm Millaard

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: Premiere and Xplode
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 1:47:52 pm

Premiere Pro (since the first version...after Premiere 6.5) uses plug in hooks that are based on After Effects plugs...you did jump about 5 versions in your upgrade.

I'm not sure if there's a newer version of Xplode that was made for PPro...with the buyout by Grass Valley, it may or may not be available or supported.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ted StricklerRe: Premiere and Xplode
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 4:01:22 pm

Tim, I've pretty much given up on the Xplode wish. Canopus and Premiere never did get along very well. Some systems would seem to work ok but many did not. Mine worked quite well but still crashed many many times per project. I just got so I accepted it and went on.

What really surprises me is that six years ago Canopus was so far ahead of other companys in some areas such as Xplode transitions and Picture in Picture (real time). Today I still can't find anything to compare it with. I have your training DVD on CS3, actually I have two of them, one came with the CS3 package. You help out quite a bit but its still very basic. That's probably why its called "Basic Training". I would like to see what Premiere's PIP can do. So far I don't see where I can blend or feather the edges.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Randy JohnsonRe: Premiere and Xplode
by on Aug 25, 2008 at 11:22:47 am

Try Boris F/X

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Declan PowerRe: Premiere and Xplode
by on Oct 21, 2009 at 11:46:24 am

i know this is an old dated post, but i had a similar question , the alpha vapour wipe is beautiful in Xplode/Canopus.. (i have both edit systems (CS3 and Edius 4 broadcast) , has anyone come across a similar alpha vapour wipe for Premiere CS3, second question , how do you do a vertical wipe in CS3, i use a matrox RT card and i cant quite see how to do this, thanks in advance ?

D.Power
EG Digital Productions.
44 28 677 42828
d.power@emerging-group.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ted StricklerRe: Premiere and Xplode
by on Oct 25, 2009 at 3:25:12 pm

D Power, only those who have used Explode will understand the pain. As I said before, it was far ahead of its competition.

Now I am finding that Affter Effects can work some real magic too but it's much harder to learn. There are some plugins that you can look at some cost more than others but try before you buy because most of them will not do what you're wanting (at least in the same way). I am only now, after over a year, starting to learn AE. Mainly, I'm watching tutorials and buying a few DVDs to try and learn. I am a slow learner but its really cool what AE can do.

I'll post back if I ever find something.

Ted

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]