Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Separate Audio Channels (Mic Inputs)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Shaun KendallSeparate Audio Channels (Mic Inputs)
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 7:28:32 pm

Please tell me there's a better way to do this. I found that you can select a clip that has stereo audio, and select clip- Audio Options- Break out to Mono from the menu and create the left and right audio tracks in your bin. Is this really the only way to separate two different audio channels? If you've recorded with two different mics and only want to work with the audio from one of them, this seems like a very counterintuitive way to edit. I've used low-end editing software that let you separate audio channels after you've put a clip in the timeline.

Is there a way to then take one channel (the Lav mic, for instance) and relink it to the video, so you can edit them together? This seems like so much more work than most editing software and people record this way all of the time.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mike velteRe: Separate Audio Channels (Mic Inputs)
by on Jun 3, 2008 at 10:50:45 am

If you have stereo audio channels with 2 mics in the Timeline, simply apply the "Fill Left" or "Fill Right" effect to duplicate one channel.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Shaun KendallRe: Separate Audio Channels (Mic Inputs)
by on Jun 3, 2008 at 12:13:14 pm

Thanks, that method does work, but I found a much better one. If you select a clip in the project window (or even multiple clips, which is great), then go up to the clip menu, go down to Audio Options, then to Source Channel Mappings..., you can select "mono as stereo" under the track format, then you will get the two separate tracks when you drag that clip to the timeline. You can delete one, or lower the volume of it, etc. to get the effect you desire.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kyle BishopRe: Separate Audio Channels (Mic Inputs)
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 7:33:18 pm

BRILLIANT! thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]