Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premier Pro Render to AVI

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
LegalproPremier Pro Render to AVI
by on Mar 27, 2007 at 11:26:27 am

I'm working on a project that requires rendering an AVI to an MPEG2 file for upload to DG-Fastchannel for a broadcast TV commercial. I was advised to render an uncompressed AVI in premier pro and then convert the file to mpeg2 in MainConcept. this is the format DF-Fastchannel accepts for their ftp dropbox. I did this and it looks great but my question is, do I really need to render an uncompressed AVI in premier? the file is almost 1.5 gigs. Can I render a compressed AVI in premier that will give me the same quality when rendering to an MPEG2 in Mainconcept.

If so, please advise me which settings I need to use in premier pro.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Harm MillaardRe: Premier Pro Render to AVI
by on Mar 27, 2007 at 1:45:28 pm

Why worry about 1.5 GB with disk capacity in the TB's? One hour of (compressed) DV is 13 GB, so what are we talking about. Peanuts.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

legalproRe: Premier Pro Render to AVI
by on Mar 27, 2007 at 2:59:46 pm

That's really not the answer I was hoping to get. this is not so much a disk space issue but more of a time issue. I'm not working with 16 gigs of ram and only have one edit system.

It takes me 10X longer to render an uncompressed AVI than it does to render a compressed one. I'm just wanting to find out the best way to render and with the best codec to get the best results.

Anyone that may have an answer, please let me know

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Harm MillaardRe: Premier Pro Render to AVI
by on Mar 27, 2007 at 3:54:27 pm

What format is your source? Often it is DV. If that is the case, no reason to render as uncompressed. Leave it as MS-DV AVI type2.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]