Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Softening edges in pictures

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
mathewsd001Softening edges in pictures
by on Mar 13, 2007 at 2:20:01 pm

Need help in Premiere Pro. I have 2 still pictures splitting a 16x9 screen and I would like to soften or blur the edges where they meet. Which filter do i need? How to I apply it to a 'cropped' border?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

FiremanThe solution! :)
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:32:27 pm

Hi

The solution is in this link

http://www.davk.dk//index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=5 (just ad the http... in front, I think forum users can not show links here)

It is guide #32 you are looking for. Click on the left side where the text shows "Se guiden her" He even offers a .png file if you would like to copy his gradient splitscreen....

It is a very useful tutorial site, and it shows you all the way to do it... It is in danish, but since it is a video tutorial, just pay attention to what he's doing, and you will easily copy his actions.

You may have to register as a user to get to the guides, but it is easy and quick, I just saw this tutorial and know that this is exatctly what you need.

Fireman
Stay Creative

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mathewsd001Re: The solution! :)
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 8:19:13 pm

I apprecitae the help, but i can't register, I tried but I'm making an error somewhere. I'm getting the following message when I try to signin in what I believe is my account 'Cookies skal aktivers herefter.' Anyone know Danish???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

FiremanRe: The solution! :)
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 10:53:28 pm

Ok, do as follows:

Get to http://www.davk.dk > New user > Sign up > choose "Jeg er 1 eller har f

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 15, 2007 at 4:00:27 am

I have found a solution through the feather edges effect and cropping in Photoshop. Not perfect but OK (it feathers all sides at once). I have signed up davk, I think corectly but I have never received an email.
english sign-in would be nice.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

FiremanRe: The solution! :)
by on Mar 15, 2007 at 12:47:06 pm

I have been in contact with the admin of DAVK. He says that he will try to make a more "international" log in version.

I have a 6mb winrar file showing you how to do it. It will take me long time to write it, but I can try in a short matter. If you want the 6mb winrar file, just let me get an adress to send it to you.

short version.

You need Photoshop
1 make new comp, matching your pp-project
2 go to your TOOLS palette and choose gradient tool > (your two layers down on the tools palette should be black above (foreground colour) and white below (background colour)
3 with GRADIENT TOOL chosen, look up, to under the file menu. There is a gradient window, there you have to chose the option FOREGROUND to TRANSPERENT
4 Close to the small gradient window at your right hand side is 5 small icons. For your project chose the one to the first left
5 If you now put your mouse cursor in the comp window, and drag you'll GET A LINE... This is important.. this will be the border or the area were the two picuters will cross eachother.. A long line here will give you a wide dissolve, a short one will give you a short dissolve. The black area will be one pic and the other area will be the other pic. Try different versions and you'll see what I mean. Try to click and make the line at different places in the com window. Also at differnt angles. No problem...
6 Save the version you want to use FILE > save as or save to web > chose a PNG-24 file, remember to check the TRANSPERENCY box. Remember where you save it for later use SAVE IT WITH THE NAME: MATTE
7 Open PP and import your two pics, and the MATTE you made in photoshop.
8 Put your pic in video track 1 and 2 and your Matte in track 3 (if you have to add track, click left in the track option and rightclick and add track(s) Make sure you drag your matte so it is the same length as the picture.
9 CLICK AWAY THE EYEBALL in video track 3 (Your MATTE)
10 Now chose TRACK MATTE effect from your videoeffects (Keying)
11 Put the TRACK matte effect to video track 2 !!!
12 in Effect controls video track 2 find the TRACK MATTE EFFECT and chose VIDEO TRACK 3 (the option were it initially shows NONE
13 Then everything that in photoshop was black will become VIDEO TRACK 2 while everything left transperent will be VIDEO TRACK 1
14 Then you may make fine adjustment with the MOTION controll to move your picture where you want them to focus

Hope this was to your liking

Fireman

PS! Help others! Stay Creative!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 15, 2007 at 1:56:26 pm

I appreciate the time and effort that you're giving me. I understand your procedure and it looks like it will give me more control than the edge feather effect. Thank you very much for your help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]