Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
src2206Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem
by on Oct 28, 2006 at 4:16:57 pm

Hi,
I have been using PPRo 1.5. Yesterday I bought the PPro2 as PPro 1.5 is giving me a lot of trouble during encoding. So untill that issue is resolved I decided to use PPro 2 and see if that solves the problem of PPro 1.5. Before installation I uninstalled Ppro 1.5, deleted all the related folders and then tried to install PPRo 2. But everytime, after language selection it gives a massege that

"A previous version of this program is already installed......setup can not continue....remove the previous version using Add/Remove program."

I did all these before installing PPro1.5. I tried to clen the registry using Registry First Aid, cleaned Temp Folder,Rebooted but still I'm getting same error massege.

One information : at the time of its first release I had PPro2 tryout installed in my computer.

Could some one please help me?

Thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mike velteRe: Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem
by on Oct 29, 2006 at 12:01:50 pm

Its the 2.0 tryout that is giving you grief, it must be removed (add/remove programs). If it is gone, you may need to reinstall the demo and properly remove it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

src2206Re: Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem
by on Oct 30, 2006 at 4:13:30 am

Hello Mike,
Thank you very much for your response :).

I tried to run the Trial version uninstaller again but it can not uninstall the previous version. Though it is giving two options: remove and repaire. Selecting the remove option runs the uninstaller for 30sec or so then it gives a massege that it was stopped and the job could not be completed. Though if I try to repaire it it is showing massege of sucessful installation after a reasonable time during which the installation progress is visible. After repaire though I could not find the PpRo2 installation folder anywhere in my PC. I tried to use the safe mode, that also did not help as it told me that the installation service could not be accessed from the safe mode.

So please help me out.

Thank you again.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mike velteRe: Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem
by on Oct 30, 2006 at 12:33:33 pm

The folder should be like C:Program FilesAdobePremiere Pro 2.0, but deleting it wont help (except to locate the .exe)...you need to get the demo up and running before you can do a good ininstall.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

src2206Re: Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem
by on Nov 1, 2006 at 4:28:04 am

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have solved the problem using this link http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_uninstall_the_tryout_version.3F

I followed all the entries related to PPro2 [including the CLSIDs] and then rebooted. After that there was no problem.

Thank you again.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

katethepoetRe: Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem SIMILAR BUT DIF ISSUE
by on Nov 7, 2006 at 7:19:32 pm

System:
Windows XP SP2
Premiere 6.0 installed
Downloaded Premiere Pro 2.0 tryout using Firefox browser (directly from Adobe)

Tried downloading Premiere Pro 2.0 tryout and it snagged during install, saying it was missing Data1.cab file, that was supposed to be Temp/Temporary Directory for Premiere 2

I copied the file (from the zip folder downloaded to my desktop from Adobe) and it installed.

I go to start/programs/adobe premiere pro 2.0

and it says 2 things:
-Data1.cab file missing in Temporary Directory 8 for Premiere (did the same as before, copied it to the folder it wanted to see it in, and it says corrupt.)
***this happening again. why weren't the files in the right places to begin with?

-Unable to Open Premiere - You need to uninstall the trial version -registration required
****doesn't it know i want to use the trial version?

Any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

src2206Re: Premiere Pro 2.0 Installation Problem SIMILAR BUT DIF ISSUE
by on Nov 8, 2006 at 3:39:44 am

Hello katethepoet,
Sorry to say but your downloaded trial is most probably corrupted. Did you use any Download Managers? If you did, then try downloading not using any third party download managers. Generally it is not possible for the sw to check whether you have manually copied the .cab or not, unless it gives you an option to do so.

Your second problem is arising out of the fact that you already tried installing the trial version so now the next installation will not proceed. There are two way out:
1. Run the installer again. At the very beginning it should give you an option to either remove or to repair installation. Choose remove. If it works then fine otherwise use method 2.

2. Visit this link :http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_uninstall_the_tryout_version.3F
Here you can find what are the different components you need to remove manually. Remove only those related with PPro 2 incuding the random looking number strings in your registry [CLSIDs].

Hope this will solve your problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 8, 2006 at 7:26:13 am

Hi src,

Thank you for explaining the download issue. I am going to try to uninstall the components of PP2 and try to install again using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. Firefox seems to do something different with downloads. Hopefully it won't tell me I can't download the trial cuz I already have once! cross those fingers!

I'll let you know! We may just opt to buy the upgrade instead to avoid some of this!

Again, thanks for responding and for being right on!
Kate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 8, 2006 at 7:35:57 am

also...
if I install the trial version and after 30 days, I still don't have the money to buy the upgrade, will what I created in Pro 2.0 not be able to be opened in Premiere 6.0 ?

Thanks again!
Kate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 8, 2006 at 8:35:14 am

sorry, I'll gather my thoughts together in one post next time.

I have manually deleted the trial components for Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 (uninstall didn't work, "interupted and could not be completed" and though the link you gave seems to be for Premiere, when you get to the nitty gritty it is instructions for Production Studio)

Question on the registry: I am in the registry now and was able to find one file that said adobe.premiere.pro.project
everything else just says adobe.premiere.xxxx

how do i know what to delete from the registry? is there a way to search for Pro registry only (instead of premiere v6.0 registry)?

Thanks as always!
Kate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

NoFlashUninstall Premiere the easy way!
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 9:50:46 pm

No need to remove Premiere manually.Just download and install the microsoft msi cleanup utility
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9...1bd/msicuu2.exe

Launch it and look for Adobe Premiere. Just click on it and then remove. Close the utility.
Problem solved!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]