Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Text in Premiere Pro 1.5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
blondie4funText in Premiere Pro 1.5
by on Jan 6, 2006 at 4:53:31 pm

Hi there
I am trying to add text to my project before exporting it to DVD.
It seems like the text area in the Premiere Pro 1.5 is a tad touchy..Any hints on how to work with it easier..
Will it center itself? It seems like no matter what I push I still have to manually center it and than sometimes when I export it to the DVD letters are cut off..
Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: Text in Premiere Pro 1.5
by on Jan 6, 2006 at 5:30:26 pm

More detail please...are you using the titler?

Centering can be achieved by right-clicking the text object and selecting (I think it's "position">) "horizontal center" or "vertical center"

When you say it's being cut off...what exactly do you mean? Cropped?

Is the crop visible, or is the text outside of the viewable area of a monitor?

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stylzRe: Text in Premiere Pro 1.5
by on Jan 6, 2006 at 7:44:11 pm

Sounds like he's not accounting for title safe/overscan. But I know you know that Tim.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

blondie4funRe: Text in Premiere Pro 1.5
by on Jan 6, 2006 at 9:36:21 pm

Ok..I am not sure what that means? How can I fix this problem?
I am thankful for all the help you can offer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2006 at 9:35:17 pm

Sorry about that
Yes I am using the Adobe Title Designer in the Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.
I would like to make a scrolling text (like for the credits or introduction) Even if I click on the icon that says it will make it centered (like what you see is WORD) it doesn't center what I type in, I have to manually do it (maybe I am not clicking the right thing.It is at the top of this program)
Also what I mean about it getting cut off,At the end I have some pictures of people and I tried using a template that is premade in the Adobe Title Designer and typing in their name and I can view it fine when I see it on the editor but no matter what I seem to do when it burns to the DVD the beginning letters of the names are cut off..I hope this explains what I am trying to do alittle better..
I can use all the help you are willing to offer.
Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2006 at 12:29:04 am

What are the names cut off by? The edge of the television? Does there look like there is space and something invisible is cutting the edge where you can see it?

On centering...when you right-click the text, there will be a drop-down menu that will open from that spot, go down to "position"...then pick the one you want-"horizontal" or "vertical"...I'd assume with a ROLL (a scroll moves horizontally and from what you are saying, it seems you must be doing a roll), you'd want "horizontal."

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2006 at 2:16:21 pm

Thanks again for the help
The beginning of the names are being cut off when I view it on the TV..I can see it ok on the editer but not on the TV

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2006 at 3:23:26 pm

[blondie4fun] "Thanks again for the help
The beginning of the names are being cut off when I view it on the TV..I can see it ok on the editer but not on the TV"

OK, you've said that, but in order to help you I need an answer to my question. Is the text cut off by the physical edge of the TV screen, or can you see the edge where it's cut off as if some invisible thing is covering the text? Is it cut off on the top or the sides? ...or both?

"The beginning of the names are cut off when I view it on the TV" wasn't enough information for me the first time...repeating it gives me no additional insight. I need these detail questions to be answered.

The zones you see in the titler are "viewable area" guides. They exist so that graphics and content don't go so close to the edge of the screen that they end up behind the plastic bezel on you television set. If your titles are running out beyond those white borders, you need to get them inside to be viewable on a wide variety of televison sets. Befor you post again, verify that your titles are inside these zones.

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2006 at 9:38:34 pm

For the centering of it do you mean I should just type what I want first no matter how it is THAN right click on the text and THAN hit the center option I want?
I was clicking it first and typing like you would a document in Microsoft word, (I hope I am making sense with this)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2006 at 11:01:18 pm

As far as the center problem, once done typing words click the selection tool(looks like mouse arrow) right click on text-go to position-sub menu pops up-select center horizontal- do all that again and select center vertical, should be perfectly centered.

Make sure your text stays inside inner white box.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2006 at 2:16:57 pm

Thanks so much for your help

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 8, 2006 at 5:59:28 am

so everything is ok now?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like