Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Focus sharpen

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
RobertoFocus sharpen
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 9:08:06 am

hello

here my work:

I filmed a karate guy infront of White paper background . i used 4 ARRi
filmlights, camera ( 3ccd Sony tvr dcr 900) , distance form camera to Person = 4m.

I edit the video material with premiere and After Effects, my editing system is Canopus Easy DV. the out put is DVD.

Problem:

I have no Sharpness. The guy wears a White karate suite.so the only thing witch is in Contrast to the background is the face of the guy ...but this is shimmerng , flickering and aou of focus.

Question:

What is the professional work progress with dv material:

Are there any tips to make the Dv materail look better . like sharpener Plug ins for Premiere or AFX. i used the unsharp mask...but the result is not nice..... and also i am searching for a deflicker tool wich makes the video looks stable so that there is no noise.........tricky ...but there should be an solution

thanx

robin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: Focus sharpen
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 9:23:17 pm

If you exposed the shot so that the tunic isn't separated from the background...you're pretty much out of luck...if it's out of focus on top of that...schedule the re-shoot.

First, moving the subject away from the background so the light on the subject doesn't all fall on the background would help. If the background is darker, your foreground person stands out better.

Second, focus is difficult to fix in post. If there are a lack of sharp edges, the software can't really guess where they should be (particularly if the shot is overexposed or flatly lit and everything is white). All you might get is high contrast, blurry footage.

Third...if the suit is "shimmery", it's over-exposed. If the karate person was the main subject, you want to take care to maintain detail in his suit. Once this is recorded over-exposed, that detail is lost. No software plugin can bring back detail that isn't there.

Editing software isn't designed to be able to fix every possible thing that can be affected by shooting mistakes...I really do think your best bet is to re-shoot using a monitor so you can see what the picture looks like and separate him from the background and simply watch the exposure more closely.

Without seeing the footage, I'm guessing based on your description, and I'm sorry I don't have better news.

TimK,

Kolb Syverson Communications,
Creative Cow Host,
2004-2005 NAB Post Production Conference
Premiere Pro Technical Chair,
Author, "The Easy Guide to Premiere Pro" http://www.focalpress.com
"Premiere Pro Fast Track DVD Series" http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS