Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

SONY HXR-NX5e - Opinions on formats, etc...

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Joao AraujoSONY HXR-NX5e - Opinions on formats, etc...
by on Jun 4, 2012 at 5:59:13 pm

Hello everyone!!!

This is my first post here as I have some questions regarding the SONY HX-NX5e (aka Sony NX5).

This will be the first time that I’ll be using this camera for a documentary to be shot in three days time.

I have some technical questions that I would like you to help me with. First of all, what do you think are the main handicaps of the camera? What are its weakest points?

2) I couldn’t find any information about this, but does it have time-code? We will be recording sound with an external sound recorder, so it would be good if the camera had time-code…

3) What colour profile should we use?... We were thinking about having the image that comes out of the camera as flat as possible, so that we’ll have space to do an effective colour correction in post… do you think this is a good strategy? Then, what colour profile would you recommend?

4) Some of the shots we’ll be filming, are to be presented in slow motion. The camera has a feature called Smooth Slow Rec that allows you to record slow motion straight away, but we would prefer to shot it normally and then do the slow motion in post… So what shutter speed would you recommend us to shoot the footage that will later be put in slow motion?

5) We’re based in England, so we’ll be shooting in PAL. We’ve been receiving a lot of suggestions regarding the recording quality: some people say that we should record 1920 x 1080 – 25 fps - Shutter Speed: 50 and others say that we could go for 1280 x 720 – 50p. What do you think will be the best?... We would like to go for progressive as it has a more filmic look… what do you think?...

If you could help me, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much! ;-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]