Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Arri Alexa Workflow

COW Forums : ARRI

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Francis GormanArri Alexa Workflow
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 11:25:21 am

Hi Guys,
I am an avid based assistant and have been working with red workflows in avid until now. I am starting a feature project next week that is been shot on the arri alexa and will be edited in FCP.
I have read about the direct to edit system and it all seems pretty straight forward however I am a bit anxious and I would like to see how other people would go about setting up this project and what way would you do the workflow.

There will be two edit suites running FCP one for me to sync and label footage on then the editors system. I am thinking about using a small G-Raid as a transfer drive to move the synched footage from my FCP across to the editor but as im not to sure about FCP what way should I set up the two projects so that this will work efficently and where do I transfer my synched media to and from? In avid I move all my mxf files over and put the in the AVID_1.1 folder then drop my synched bins into my project on the harddrive is it similar for fcp or is there a different process?

networking and recruitment for the creative sector http://www.jointhecue.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]