Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

I wish there was an ATTO forum

COW Forums : - ARRAYS & RAID Set-Up -

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob ZelinI wish there was an ATTO forum
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 5:42:15 pm

because I would like to congradulate ATTO on an incredible booth
at the NAB 2012 show. ATTO influences SO MANY COMPANIES that have forums on Creative Cow, and this year was a banner year for ATTO, with everything from 16Gig Fibre cards, to new 10Gig Ethernet products, Thunderbolt drive chassis, and thunderbolt to everything you can think of adaptors. As videotape fades away quickly in our industry, ATTO continues to be a leader and great influence in everthing we do in post production.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David GagneRe: I wish there was an ATTO forum
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 2:46:04 pm

*EDIT* Meant to reply to Bob's post on OWC instead of this one! */EDIT*

I thought it was intriguing as well. Mini-SAS SAN? 48Gbs? Wow. I am still curious how it will implement in the real world, at their booth I think it was running MetaSAN or SanMP. I asked if it could run XSAN and they said "Maybe, we got that working in the lab with some hacks."

The link for those interested:
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/storage/Enterprise/jupiter/mini-SAS

Similarly interesting was ExaSan's PCIE SAN, at speeds up to 20Gbs. Again I'm not sure how it will work in the real world, and both I think currently suffer from short cable lengths, but that will all change with PCIE 3.0 soon.

I think the industry is saying that Thunderbolt is not fast enough ;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob ZelinRe: I wish there was an ATTO forum
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:24:03 pm

David writes -
I think the industry is saying that Thunderbolt is not fast enough ;)

REPLY -
gee, it's fast enough for editing h.264 files from your iPhone using FCP-X ! who needs anything else but that ? And what is this 4k thing people keep talking about.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]