Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Rotating the camera

COW Forums : Blender

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Keith SouthernRotating the camera
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 3:31:53 pm

Hi, I'm completely new to Blender and have been slowly working my way through a few tutorials. For some reason, and there's probably an obvious answer to this, I can't seem to rotate the camera in front, top, side views and occasionally I'm finding that objects won't rotate either. For now I've been using the properties dialog box to get by but I'm sure there must a reason for this. Can any one tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paolo CicconeRe: Rotating the camera
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 4:48:34 pm

Hi Keith.

There are a couple of easier olptions to rotate objects and cameras in Blender. Right click on the camera and press "r". If you are in the top view the rotation will happen on the Z axis. In Blender Z points up.
If you press "r" in the side view the rotation will happen in the X axis.
You can change the default by pressing the letter representing the axis just after pressing "r".

For example, if you press "r" and then "x" the camera will rotate along the X axis regardless which view you are in.

Another way is to activate ther rotate gizmo. Look in the header of the 3D view, the area where the View, Select, Object menus are. You will see a hand with a index finger pointing up. Next to it there is a red triangle and next to the triangle there is a circle. Click on the circle and that will activate the rotate gizmo. You can now click on drag on any of the 3 axis and position you camera as you want.

Hope this helps

--
Paolo Ciccone
Pret-A-3D
http://www.preta3d.com
http://www.paolociccone.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric ChardRe: Rotating the camera
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 8:44:45 am

I'm hoping they implement Lightwave-style camera movement in Blender 2.5. As a camera operator, it's the only one I've encountered that actually moves like a real camera.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Keith SouthernRe: Rotating the camera
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:20:18 am

Thanks for the info, worked a treat.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook