Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

PNGIO error

COW Forums : Blender

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris HaleyPNGIO error
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 9:43:21 pm

I've been experiencing a problem with my Blender renders for a bit now with After Effects. I get a PNGIO error and AE crashes. When I investigate the error message and go to the frame in the render sequence where AE crashed I find a bad frame. So I rerender that frame. Sometimes I go back to a project and it happens again, or it happens when I'm pretty positive that my render is clean. So I'm convinced at this point that Blenders not spitting out bad frames but AE is going to interpret them, gets confused, then rewrites a bad frame over it. Can anyone else speak to this? I see in an earlier thread that many of you are using PNGs. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks for the help,
~Chris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris HaleyRe: PNGIO error
by on Dec 22, 2011 at 8:40:17 pm

Wow I've been tracking this shot in Blender, the image sequence never touched AE. So it must be Blender or my system or something. I've got three of these dead frames in my sequence now.

You can see that since I have good tracking markers in the black area this bad frame became bad after tracking. Is anyone else having this problem or know what it could be that's causing it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 23, 2011 at 5:31:24 pm

I switched to TIFF but the problem still persists. Blender's somehow corrupting frames while it's reading them.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 2:50:09 am

Ok, update. Narrowed it down a bit. I've started backing up and duplicating my image sequences to see where the problem lies. I went to cache out image sequence in movie clip editor coming up with some corrupted frames. I check a frame against my back up sequence to see that my back up frame was fine. So i duplicate the back up and try to cache it again now with corrupted frames at different locations. I do this a few times to find out that it's corrupting frames and that I also have some corrupted frames in my back up sequence. I check those frames against the movie file which they're encoded from to find that that movies frames are fine. I encode those frames to have an image sequence with no corrupted frames. I kept duplicating the clean master sequence, trying to cache, deleting and repeating.

Finally I have the clip cached so I guess I better track this clip now if caching is going to be a "process". So Blender corrupted frames when it created the image sequence from the movie file and corrupted frames while trying to cache the image sequence.

My guess is that Blender was more prone to corrupt frames if there were already corrupted frames in the sequence. Although I still had problems after I had a clean sequence.

I will probably start creating my image sequences from After Effects. That will probably be more reliable on encode and will keep Blenders sequencer pro res free.

With that said Blender still corrupted frames from a fresh blend file with a clean image sequence.

The fact that I'm not seeing this problem around makes me think that I'm doing something wrong or that it's my system.

Mac Pro 2.8 Quad Core Intel
Mac OS 10.6.8
Blender 2.61

Thank you for hearing me out and any insight into this will be greatly appreciated. I don't think I've seen the end of this problem. Back to tracking :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]