Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Wedding Film Critique... Is it any good?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephen PackerWedding Film Critique... Is it any good?
by on May 26, 2011 at 3:17:40 am

Hey guys,

My friend and I have just started Wedding Filmography as a side business to our more creative endeavors and have finished the highlight reel to our first one.

I am very keen for any feedback be it good or bad as Wedding Filmography is very new to us. It is nice to get professional opinions in comparison to those of your family and friends who are all going to just say its great.

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: Wedding Film Critique... Is it any good?
by on May 26, 2011 at 3:32:50 am

It's a solid beginning and all but the color grade is not altogether attractive. At times it looks a bit more like a horror movie than the greatest day of someone's life. Also a lot of missed focus in there. Try some wider lenses and work in some softening filters. Also the tracked in words is too jumpy- dial back the levels on that a bit or lose it altogether unless it's something the clients really love. All that said- weddings are definitely a solid way to earn an income on the side and pay for gear you can also use to make creative stuff for yourself. And you'll get better as you go along and be able to charge more and more as you build your rep. Stick with it.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen PackerRe: Wedding Film Critique... Is it any good?
by on May 26, 2011 at 3:36:31 am

Thanks for the feedback!

Haha definitely wasn't going for the horror movie look, but it's something that I will keep in mind for the future...

When you say the text was jumpy, did you mean the names of the bridal party? I felt pretty happy with the names of the bride and groom but I do notice that the other four are a bit more rough.

again thanks...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: Wedding Film Critique... Is it any good?
by on May 26, 2011 at 4:20:42 am

Yeah it's just that the text tracks a bit too closely to the shot- it's a handheld shot so they look bumpy/handheld. Just dial back the tolerance a bit, depending if you can in whatever program you did that with.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Robert FloutierRe: Wedding Film Critique... Is it any good?
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 3:51:08 pm

Firstly I think your wedding video is excellent. Its got a really good feeling, plus some really pretty looking images. I wouldnt believe you were doing that for your first time. Can I ask you where you learnt how to have the text track the people? i've looked online but without much luck. Also did you use either after effects or apple motion? thanks

still a newby. appreciating everyones help, hopefully i will be able to do the same 1 day.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen PackerRe: Wedding Film Critique... Is it any good?
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 4:56:51 am

Hey Robert!

Thanks you so much for your kind words. Haha it was my first one but I have done other videos, TVC's Music Videos etc before...

Yeah actually that effect isn't that hard. I used Motion as it is just so much more compatible with FCP, but in after effects its pretty much exactly the same thing.

Just YouTube 'Motion Tracking Text in Motion Tutorial' and a good one should come up :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]