Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Deleted .THM files - Need to log and transfer, is there any hope???

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Adam HamiltonDeleted .THM files - Need to log and transfer, is there any hope???
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 1:00:14 am

Hi all,

I am about to online (in Final Cut 7) an ultra low budget feature length project shot on Canon 7d. The h264 files were converted into prores proxy (limited drive space) and the idea would normally be to log and transfer up to prores 422 then send to Color for grading...

...HOWEVER, I have just found out that the original .THM files that accompany each .MOV have been deleted and are not retrievable.

This of course is causing me considerable concern as I'm well aware I need the information (file structure et al) contained within the .THM files to successfully relink the proxies to 422.

Is there any way to reconstruct the file directory so that Final Cut will be able to relink the 1000+ clips on the timeline OR any way at all to convert the sequence up to 422 (not as one self-contained sequence but as individual clips as on the timeline) or am I up the proverbial creek without a paddle?

Many, many thanks.

Ad

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Isaac BrillantRe: Deleted .THM files - Need to log and transfer, is there any hope???
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:31:22 am

are you still looking for an answer to this or solved it by now?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]