Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Failed to Publish Changes: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

COW Forums : CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lily DucklerFailed to Publish Changes: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
by on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:00:29 pm

Has anyone encountered the following error?

Failed to publish changes (*** failed (Column count doesn't match value count at row 1))

where ** is whatever I'm trying to do (ie: insertMedia).

I've been getting it throughout the day today, and I do not know the cause. It's basically preventing me from making any changes to our CatDV database. Restarting the program and the server on multiple occasions hasn't helped.

One caveat: I can still save local catalogs as .cdv files. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Using CatDV Pro 9, with CatDV Server 6.7b7

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rolf HowarthRe: Failed to Publish Changes: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
by on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:22:11 pm

Oh dear! That sounds like a mismatch between the server software and the database schema and certainly shouldn't happen in normal operation. It might be a schema update that failed, the result of reverting from a later to an earlier version of the server software, or perhaps a problem relating to restoring the database from a backup.

I would suggest you mail a copy of your server log file to support@squarebox.com and we'll try to sort you out. We may need to remote dial into your system to patch the database.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lily DucklerRe: Failed to Publish Changes: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 3:08:46 pm

Hi Rolf,

Thank you- you were absolutely right! A small manual change (field added to the clip table) had been made to our MySQL database by one of our internal developers. Once we identified that change, we were able to un-change it, and voila, back to normal.

No more issues saving.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]