Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Merged Clips / Pluraleyes

COW Forums : CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike FeldmanMerged Clips / Pluraleyes
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:21:30 pm

Hi,

I am editing a project shot on the 5D with a Zoom sound recorder using FCP7. We have CAT-DV so I wanted to try working with it on a short film.

After converting to ProResLT I ran the material through Pluraleyes. I started making merged clips and dropping them back in the browser. However, when I bring those merged clips over to CatDV, CatDV sees them as having only one source file (the audio) instead of two.

Is there a way to use CatDV on this kind of project, or should I just log within FCP? I was thinking I might be able to log first and then run the material through pluraleyes again, but I am hoping there's a more direct way.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin DugganRe: Merged Clips / Pluraleyes
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:21:30 am

Hi Mike

I have a 7d and use plural Eyes an excellent package! I would draw yor attention to Pink Noise who produce a padded cable that goes from the Zoom to the mic input on yor camera, gives a real clean feed to the camera which you can use for logging and then add the plural eyes magic later within FCP .This is how I do it

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]