Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

External mattes

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
John WhitcombExternal mattes
by on Jul 11, 2011 at 8:27:41 pm

I have matte that I'm trying to use on a particular shot..

I scene detected a solid QT, then went back into the browser and found my matte, which I then right clicked on and went to "Add as matte".. it is in my media pool but I cant figure out how to link it to my shot?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dwaine MaggartRe: External mattes
by on Jul 11, 2011 at 9:23:06 pm

On the Browse page, in the Media Pool area, highlight the clip you want the Matte to be associated with.

Then, find your Matte clip so that it appears in the Clip Details area. Then right click it, and select Add as Matte.

If you look at the clip in the Media Pool, you'll see it now has a green icon, and if you click that, it will expand and show the Matte clip attached.

The key is to have a clip highlighted in the media pool before selecting Add as Matte in the Clip Details area.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sascha HaberRe: External mattes
by on Jul 12, 2011 at 6:48:41 am

Is there a way to keep those connections when relinking media from another drive ?
We are having a 3000 shot movie with up to 100 matte links, broken down in 6 reels.
When we want to work on the project on the other system, we can easily (well ;) relink the media, but the matte links are all gone.

Is there any way to prevent Resolve from loosing the connections ?
Like naming both storage places the same ?

A slice of color...

DaVinci 7.1.2 OSX 10.6.7
MacPro 5.1 2x 2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB eSata 6TB
GTX 285 / GT 120
Extreme 3D+ WAVE

http://www.saschahaber.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS