Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Davinci works over ethernet )))

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mikhail PuzyrevDavinci works over ethernet )))
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 8:04:48 am

I've occasionally found that resolve works nicely over my gigabit network. With compressed format of course... Don't even try your DPX sequences.
During colorgrading of last telemovie which was 8 parts by 45 mins I've run out of space on local raid and backed up sources of the first two parts to my linux storage (with linux version of appletalk). But later I was asked to make some corrections and I've tried to grade 4k R3Ds in quater res right from server, and after all rendered whole part. The only thing I was not able to do is rendering back to the same server, rendering quit with error. But when rendering to local - everything was ok! BM disk speed shows 99 MB/s to server, which can not be true, but when coping large files - estimate speed is 60 mb/s

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Margus VollRe: Davinci works over ethernet )))
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 10:34:30 am

Thing i'm missing now is great fast san for all my media :)

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris KennyRe: Davinci works over ethernet )))
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 5:35:13 pm

10GbE is starting to get cheap. I mean, not cheap by consumer standards, but crazy cheap compared with the SAN gear marketed to pro video customers.

It probably won't be too much longer before you can set up a 10GbE network between a bunch of Mac Pros (maybe even MacBook Pros if someone releases a 10GbE Thunderbolt adaptor or you put a 10GbE card in a Thunderbolt-based external PCIe expansion box) for less than $1200/port (to cover both both NIC and switch), and sling even DPX around your LAN with nothing but standard built-in file sharing.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read Does FCP X make project files obsolete? on our blog.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Margus VollRe: Davinci works over ethernet )))
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 3:00:39 am

Yep it looks promising.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy