Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Import Batch List form EDL

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
George BelliasImport Batch List form EDL
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 4:43:32 am

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I cannot get DaVinci to import an EDL with reel numbers. Everything comes in correctly, just no reel numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

George Bellias
Jade Productions
http://www.jadeproductionsla.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Barrie WilliamsRe: Import Batch List form EDL
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 8:45:40 am

Open the EDL in text editor, double check that reel numbers are in EDL .

If they are there, then look at manual on EDL helper, especially the wildcard characters . It's a little tricky but there is a "test" button so you can quickly check what DaVinci is seeing as reel number.

You will need to turn on the helper as it is not enabled by default.

In case you wonder where I get this incredible knowledge ... I read the manual !

;-)
Barrie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John TissavaryRe: Import Batch List form EDL
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 3:28:35 pm

There are a number of ways to get Resolve to 'resolve' reel numbers from footage, that will have an effect on how the EDL is displayed in the Conform page.

In the Settings page > Master Project Settings go to the Conform options at the bottom of the page, and enable "Assist using reel names from the:", then choose whichever option you predict will get the best results.

best,

John T.

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George BelliasRe: Import Batch List form EDL
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 4:26:10 pm

The EDL does have reel numbers. When I import the same EDL into Media Express, the reel numbers show up just fine. I sent the EDL to Blackmagic tech support and they admitted the batch import from EDL feature was broken. This was in version 9.0.2. I hoped that 9.0.4 would have fixed it, but it looks like it is still broken.

George Bellias
Jade Productions
http://www.jadeproductionsla.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John TissavaryRe: Import Batch List form EDL
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:22:26 pm

It is not broken, it works as expected. I posted earlier in this thread how to use reel IDs.

JT

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Barrie WilliamsRe: Import Batch List form EDL
by on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:12:02 am

It is not broken.

I thought it was broken until I learned how to use the wildcards in the EDL helper string.

The best facility is the "test" button... Set the full file path WITH filename, then Press TEST to see what Davinci is seeing as the reel name. If you see no reel name, you have done it wrong.

Barrie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]