Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Deliver Frame Rate Issue

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Perry TrestDeliver Frame Rate Issue
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 8:12:29 pm

I have graded a 1080i 29.97 music video using ProRes transcoded files from AVCHD camera originals. All ProRes source files are 1080i @ 29.97fps. Grading went very well but when setting up the Deliver Page for export, the only frame rate options are 23.976 or 24. Am I missing something with the export frame rate? I need to export a ProRes master file at 29.97fps. Thanks for clues in advance!

Perry Trest
POSTDIGITAL, Inc.

MacPro 12core 2.66Ghz
6GB RAM
Slot 1 = ATI 5770
Slot 2 = Quadro 4000
Slot 3 = DeckLink SDI
Slot 4 = Nitris DX HIC
Internal 6TB software RAID-0
Tangent Wave
HP DreamColor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: Deliver Frame Rate Issue
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 8:15:37 pm

Sounds like you had the incorrect project setting when you conformed. Unfortunately you can't fix it now. What you need to do is create a new project. Before bringing in any media, check your project settings. Then reconform your cut and use the colortrace function to copy over your grades.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Sascha HaberRe: Deliver Frame Rate Issue
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:14:41 pm

Blackmagic REALLY needs to change that..
There is no logical explanation why one should be locked into a fps speed.
In Scratch it just plays and renders on whatever you set it, and Smoke even has a re-conform feature that lets you change the speed and adjust all the editing.
Ia m not asking for something like that, but we need to be able to change the speed, or at least have an automatic rebuild function.
Please :)

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:39:42 am

There is one logical reason, which is that fps effects the conform tc. That said the "handle mixed frame rates" option avoids this, by just rendering at the source fps. So that the conform less important.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lee EatonRe: Deliver Frame Rate Issue
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 11:06:18 pm

Had a similar issue on a 2 hour doc full of mixed frame rate media. Imported Final Cut 7 XML. The 29.97 sequence was interpreted as 23.98 in resolve. I assumed it was simply removing the pulldown so I didn't alter the sequence. Render to 29.97 was grayed out.

We were pressed for time and rather than chance it with colortrace, I used cinema tools to change the frame rate of the rendered output from resolve.

Everything seems to be fine. Looks good and plays back in sync. Was that a bad idea? Am I unreasonably mistrustful of colortrace?

2008 MacPro 2 x 2.8 Quad Xeon
14GB RAM
1. ATI Radeon HD 5770
2. Nvidia GeForce GTX 470
3. none
4. Blackmagic Decklink HD Pro(DL)
Euphonix MC Color
OSX 10.8
Resolve 9

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:45:07 am

I'm more distrustful of mixed format conforms than I am of color trace. For whatever that's worth.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Joseph OwensRe: Deliver Frame Rate Issue
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 3:41:16 pm

Colortrace has not failed me yet.

Apple COLOR was like this with the initial project settings framerate. Frankly I don't think about it all that much as about 99.9% of all projects are XML/AAF flow -- settings automatic.

That you do ned to set an initial framerate I think stems from Resolve's origins as a tape-to-tape and dpx processor, where on the one hand, the framerate was a hardware issue, and dpx file sequences have no intrinsic framerate, like film. Its just a frame. How many of them you want to display per second is up to you.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]