Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

r3d Metadata transfer into R9.01

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tobias Heilmannr3d Metadata transfer into R9.01
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 7:08:08 am

Ok, I think I am missing something here... I am testing with Red CineX Pro 15 and R9.01.

Using one clip for testing. Making visible adjustments to curves and other settings in RCX. Saving RMD of the r3d file. Opening Clip in R9.01 by adding it to the media pool. Going to the colour section and playing around with the various Raw Metadata options, always keeping "apply metadata curves" checked - nothing happens. None of the Information I am changing in RCX is transfering into Resolve.

Am I fundamentally missing something I should be doing?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tobias

In Touch Media Entertainment
Munich, Germany

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter ChamberlainRe: r3d Metadata transfer into R9.01
by on Oct 18, 2012 at 4:20:30 am

Hi Tobias, Resolve reads the RMD when the clip is loaded into the Media Pool. If you make changes to a RMD after the clip is in the media pool none of those changes are applied. But you also need to in Camera Raw settings ask Resolve to decoding use the camera metadata and not some other setting, like the RED default or a project. You can find that in the project settings. Then on an individual clip, you can use the RMD settings or select clip and make changes.
Peter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tobias HeilmannRe: r3d Metadata transfer into R9.01
by on Oct 18, 2012 at 6:46:37 am

Hello Peter,

thank you. I have indeed been removing and reloading this clip into the media pool every time I made adjustments in RCX and re-saved the RMD. And yes, I have also been doing this, among other things, by using the camera setting.

I am somehow blanking out on why I am not seeing any changes within R9.01. Let me ask you this, when I make adjustments in RCX to Lift, Gamma, Gain, for example - where would this show in Resolve? Would this be applied to LGG in the first node?

Thank you again,
Tobias

Munich, Germany

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter ChamberlainRe: r3d Metadata transfer into R9.01
by on Oct 19, 2012 at 11:10:07 am

The RMD metadata is applied but as its in the r3D decoder process you dont see an indication in Resolve, other than the image change.
Try starting a new project and then import a clip with a known big grade in the RMD.
Peter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tobias HeilmannRe: r3d Metadata transfer into R9.01
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 7:09:32 am

Peter,

thank you for that information. It's strange, as that's exactly what I did. I started a new project just to experiment with this feature, but as I said before, I am not seeing any visual changes applied - no matter how often I change, save and reload the clip into the image pool.

Which parameters of changes from RCX will actually be read by R9.01?

Tobias

Munich, Germany

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]